Tire suggestions

Discussion in 'Street Chat / Timeslips' started by RDF1, Apr 3, 2018.

1. RDF1

RDF1 I'm Awesome

After doing more looking around today i think im just going to get some 17" wheels so i can run something like a Toyo Proxes STIII or a General Grabber 275/55/17. And run the stockers at the track with a 275/60/15 Drag radial. That way i can get my RPMs down to a reasonable number with the 4L80E.
    I was shooting for 1900 @ 70mph

2. Roger Stephenson

Roger Stephenson Newbie

I have 2 trucks, an '88 C1500 with the original wheels & like the Michelin tires that I put on it. Great traction on the road wet or dry but sucks badly in snow or mud. On my '95 K2500 I have the 16" chrome chevy wheels 8 lug running General Grabber AT2 & I am very happy with them, good road manners and the lugs clear mud very well. I have not had the Generals in snow but anticipate no issues. I have ran Generals on several vehicles before & have always been happy. Overseas I had a set of Hankook tires on a 4WD Mitsubishi 4dr truck, they were surprisingly very good tires, much much better than the Goodyears that they replaced.

3. RDF1

RDF1 I'm Awesome

What michelin tires did you have?
    I found some "budget friendly" tires online. 235/75/15
    They are cheap enough I can drive on them for a while and then burn them off when i put miles on the setup and ready to move to a 17 and a good tire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk