Tire sizes, choices for 99 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure what size tires are on this 99 K1500 I just got, but once I get the necessary repairs done on it, it will be needing tires before long. They look silly (stock small diameter just looks like a guy that never did leg-day). Tread is getting worn too.

16" rims. Gear ratio is 3.42 (GU6 code).

My OTHER 1999 Sub (2WD) has 15" rims so I put 31X10.5 on it, and I absolutely love them. They look great and ride wonderfully. Gear ratio was swapped to 4.10 but I loved these tires even before the gear swap (3.42 also).

For a truck that will see mostly RAINY street conditions and the occasionally muddy boat ramp, what tires would you prefer? Brand, type, size.

Cost is an issue, this truck will see (at most) 8K miles per year, so I'm not putting $200 per tire into it.

2 Sweet

Oozing Machismo
Reaction score
Assuming it's stock height, I would recommend a 265/75. I got Cooper Discoverer AT3's in this size for $500 out the door, I bought them from tirecrawler.com and they shipped in a few days.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

They look and perform really well IMO.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll second the Cooper Discoverer AT3's. I have a set on my 96 Bronco and love them. They provide excellent traction and are quiet going down the road. Picked mine up for less than $500.00 out the door as well from a local tire shop.