Tinted windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im looking for pics of our trucks with tinted windshields, preferably single cabs, full on tint not just a band, and how hard is it to see? I'm considering removing my double 5 sides and back in favor of 50% front 20 sides and rear maybe, but I have a feeling that will still be too light for me. Thanks in advance

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the windshield tinted on my Tacoma and my newer sierra. I love it, but it does take some getting used to. I want the windshield on my 98 done but i already have a huge crack in my dash and I'm afraid whoever does it will put their elbow through my dash.
I'll try and find my receipt though as I think mine is 35%. If so, 50% would probably be better as it can get pretty dark sometimes. Especially in the rain.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, this is just a toy for me, I got 3 other cars to drive so if visibility was a concern I could just hop in one of the others I've seen everywhere 35 is like borderline, so Im thinking 35 on my 400 and prolly my e90, the the 55w hid fogs and lows on my bimmer are like the sun at night but I get real bad headaches from the sun so I'm trying to figure something out for it it's like a cave right now so it's a real bad light tunnel under the 10" double 5 band

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will like it then. I hardly ever wear sunglasses when I'm driving anymore because there not needed

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just went and found the receipt for mine, its 35% on both trucks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not trying to talk down on anyone's choices here, but do you guys honestly feel comfortable driving around like that? Besides the fact that anything below the AS1 line is illegal in most places, I've ridden in a couple vehicles with tinted windshields and it scared the crap out of me every time a cloud covered the sun. I'd never drive one at night.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See that looks ****, think that's gonna go on the bimmer first, it's windows are actually legal..ish I'll put a double 5 band and try it out, it's kind of a weekend car only now anyways see what kind of attention it draws in funky town and go from there, and yeah I'd feel fine driving with it on the windshield it only took 45 minutes for me to start swerving traffic wrapped in double 5, doesn't even bother me at night.

Lowmiler

Reaction score
Mine is 50 on the windshield, and limo on the sides and back.

You must be registered for see images attach