Throwing same code after new sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graham Cole

Reaction score
Update :
So I dug through what wiring I can see under the truck and there's no issues there. Is there any other plug ins for the harness further up?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Still need the actual code to see what it is, first get that and then we can all be internet mechanics!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I'm not 100% familiar with that year's exhaust, do you have two separate converters in your Y pipe after the manifolds, or just 1? Just to be sure, those codes are for B1S2, so the driver's side rear sensor. If you did change the correct one, then it sounds like either the ENG 1 fuse under the hood, or broken wires between the computer and the sensor, or might be the computer itself. I'd check the fuse first.

Last edited:

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Oh and by the way, if the converter was bad, it would throw a P0420 or P0430, its definitely not the converter.

Graham Cole

Reaction score
Okay perfect thank you! The trucks single converter, I'll check the fuse first! I'm just trying to keep this engine as healthy as possible until my 5.3s ready to go in

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
First of all, do you have a multimeter? If not, I'd suggest going to buy one from Advance auto, they're like 15 bucks. To start, I would go to the sensor plug,. You will need to see if the sensor is getting power and ground.
You must be registered for see images attach
If you follow the picture, you can see that the pink wire at the plug should get power while its running. The black wire should be grounded at all times. Easiest thing you can do is take both ends of the meter and put one in the pink and one in the black, and you should see about 14 volts when running.