Thorley Tri Y headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I changed out the muffler today. It had a generic "Flowmaster" on it, and it droned quite a bit after the headers went on. I switched to a Jones Max Flow Muffler. It's basically a MagnaFlow without the MagnaFlow name and it's less than half the price. It's much better. A bit quieter at idle, but barks when you get on it. Much less drone.

I'll probably redo all the exhaust later this year. This was kind of a stop gap measure to last a while.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
A little update on the Thorley tri y's. Almost 3 years later and not a single issue. No leaks. These are really high quality. The thick mounting flange makes all the difference in the world. The ceramic coating is holding up great

legendman

Reaction score
I changed out the muffler today. It had a generic "Flowmaster" on it, and it droned quite a bit after the headers went on. I switched to a Jones Max Flow Muffler. It's basically a MagnaFlow without the MagnaFlow name and it's less than half the price. It's much better. A bit quieter at idle, but barks when you get on it. Much less drone.

I have a Jones Max flow on my 2000 2wd 2500 with a 5.3L and it's just as you describe.