Thinking about switching rear bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
ever think about just taking some 1/2" angle and welding it to your bumper and using the stock hitch mounting holes to bolt it too,,, if that makes sense,,lol i can picture it in my head on how i would do it,,lol it would definitely help anyways

I don't follow? haha

ever decide what your going to do?

I think I am just going to try my best to make the bumper as strong as possible for now

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't follow? haha

lol, sorry,,, how does the bumper bolt on?,, like a stock bumper? ,, if so,, i would take 1/2" angle, bolt it on where your factory hitch holes are,, run it to the bumper and weld weld it to the bumper, (maybe run a small vertical piece of angle welded to the bumper that the first angle would weld too)

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
lol, sorry,,, how does the bumper bolt on?,, like a stock bumper? ,, if so,, i would take 1/2" angle, bolt it on where your factory hitch holes are,, run it to the bumper and weld weld it to the bumper, (maybe run a small vertical piece of angle welded to the bumper that the first angle would weld too)

Yeah it bolts up like the stock bumper and I did your idea with some angle iron welded it to there hoping it would help and it really didnt do anthing. I am thinking just cut off the current mounts and weld 1/2 or 3/4 inch steel and make new mounts all together