The Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I love the look of your truck man. I just finished reading the thread from beginning to end and its definitely come quite a long way. I agree with everyone else that said a drop would look good. The photoshop you did shows it perfectly. My old Tahoe looked great lowered, I can't imagine yours. Keep up the good work!!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Glad to hear it's back up and running! Do you notice much difference with the higher first gear ratio of the 4L80E vs the 4L60E?

Yeah, almost feels like 2nd gear did on the 4L60e. I like that it doesn't have as much of a drop in RPM between gears. That's part of why it'll last longer. The torque converter lockup is also strange to get used to. Feels like another gear. Drops about 400 RPM when it locks in OD.

I love the look of your truck man. I just finished reading the thread from beginning to end and its definitely come quite a long way. I agree with everyone else that said a drop would look good. The photoshop you did shows it perfectly. My old Tahoe looked great lowered, I can't imagine yours. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks man, it really has. Sometimes it's hard to remember that, when I've got so many things I still want to do.

For now, I don't think I'm going to lower it. I am still working on getting some Tahoe Limited side skirts. The guy who had them for sale hasn't come through yet, so I'm thinking I'll have to find them elsewhere. They'll make it look lower and also hide the huge frame on these SUV's.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Here's another guy parting out a Tahoe Limited if that one falls through... Maybe you can find em there.
https://eastky.craigslist.org/pts/4975100510.html

There was a guy parting one out here in Houston on Craiglist a while back, but now I can't find his ad... If I can find it again I wouldn't mind grabbing them for you.

Dude, you're awesome. That CL ad you posted was great. BTW, did you know that's a member on here? He doesn't come around much, but it's GREY99HOE. He used to put a bunch of stuff in the For Sale section. They run a business buying these trucks and selling parts or rebuilding them.

I bought my Esky roof rack from them years ago. Small world.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Found a Limited being parted out here in Houston! Send me a pm I can't get them to work on my phone right now for some reason!

I appreciate the offer, but I already got it handled. I called the guys you told me about earlier. My Tahoe Limited side skirts got here today. Sitting downstairs in a box. Can't wait to get them painted and put on, but my rear door window regulator went out, so that's first. Then I need to figure out how they mount before I try getting them painted.

Fun story time. On the way to work this morning, light was turning yellow. I stepped down on it to make it through. I heard the Whipple whine climb, then the engine sounded like it backfired a couple times, then it stuttered and died. I thought I just pinged my motor and probably damaged a piston. I tried starting it back up, it started and ran ok, but just a little hesitant. Same thing on the way home, but when I stopped at a signal or something, the engine would just stumble out and die. I could always get it started pretty easily, though. Popped the hood and took a look when I got a chance. The MAP sensor vacuum line connects to a nipple coming off the supercharger compressor adapter plate. It must have been blown off by the boost when I stepped on the gas this morning.

Dat boost. lol.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Hey, Brian! Been a while since I posted in your thread, but I do follow it. Always like unique builds.
Good to see you're still working on the truck. While doing mods that other's say can't be done!

:rocking:

Last edited:

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer, but I already got it handled. I called the guys you told me about earlier. My Tahoe Limited side skirts got here today. Sitting downstairs in a box. Can't wait to get them painted and put on, but my rear door window regulator went out, so that's first. Then I need to figure out how they mount before I try getting them painted.

Fun story time. On the way to work this morning, light was turning yellow. I stepped down on it to make it through. I heard the Whipple whine climb, then the engine sounded like it backfired a couple times, then it stuttered and died. I thought I just pinged my motor and probably damaged a piston. I tried starting it back up, it started and ran ok, but just a little hesitant. Same thing on the way home, but when I stopped at a signal or something, the engine would just stumble out and die. I could always get it started pretty easily, though. Popped the hood and took a look when I got a chance. The MAP sensor vacuum line connects to a nipple coming off the supercharger compressor adapter plate. It must have been blown off by the boost when I stepped on the gas this morning.

Dat boost. lol.

Nice glad you found some!