The White Ranger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice first truck for your boy. I always loved those little rangers my little brother might get one for his first truck or a Crown Vic. Check out fordrangerforum.com. I always like going on there and looking at the trucks on their. Also they have a lot of cheap modifications you can do to make Rangers cooler and nicer to drive.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Great first truck and cheap base to play with!
A buddy of mine had one about the same year. We found a ton of Explorers in junkyards we robbed stuff from. Leather seats, full length center console.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Check out therangerstation.com as well. I used to fart around on there when i had my rangers and bronco ii. Sounds like the jy run was a success

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
We took it for a ride after changing the sway bar links to make sure the jingling was also gone. It had been raining and we noticed wet headliner near the rear Glass on the passenger side. Probably a leak around the window seal. We will have to address that before too long, because it rains A LOT here.

We need a tailgate handle. No luck at the junkyard yet, all we saw were broken or already gone. Seems like most of them are plastic. We can get a plastic one from rockauto for a couple bucks, but the metal ones are around $40.

It needs shocks. Also brake pads and shoes.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Tailgate handle check. (Plastic Help! section)
Front Brake pads check. (Noticed it will want new bearings soon)
Decals on tailgate removed.
Wiper fluid pump replaced.
Interior completely scrubbed out.
Headliner spray glued back in place.
New floor mats.
$100 CL Wheel and tire combo score...factory Mazda alloys with 235/60/15's. They're not great but are better than the bald rotted mess that were on there before. Also 20 new chrome acorn lugnuts.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I didn't want to take fuel. This is finally fixed. It took 10 minutes to put a couple of gallons in it. Same thing with trying get to pour out of a 5 gallon gas can. Ser off the MIL and the "check fuel cap" light. Turns out the charcoal canister was completely clogged. I had my buddy smoke it. We took apart the canister, broke up the substrate cleaned out the ports, put it back together, and the problem is gone.

I've been driving it a little. It was 87 a few days ago in the afternoon and the AC in that thing froze me out. Never had a ranger with AC. Never needed it up north where I used to live.

It's a nice little pickup. It has some rattles and the front end is loose. The passenger door was rattling, the fix was to move the door striker in some to let the door catch against the body tighter.

I need to decide if it's worth lifting and putting wheels and tires on. Maybe lift coils and UCA's up front and shackles or blocks or AAL's in the back. Maybe lift spindles up front. The problem with most of them is that you can't run factory wheels because of clearance issues with the wheel offset. Suddenly it's not just a kit and tires, it's wheels too.

Front bearings. Shocks. Retint windows. Take off or improve stripe on body. Headlight housings. Seats would be nice (i think these stink).

Undecided about the radio. It works, an AM/FM radio with speakers in the doors. The light inside the unit that lights up the lcd display is blown, but everything else works and it sounds fine. No major distractions, no reason to play with the phone while driving, maybe this works for a while. It would be fun to put a little system in it, maybe later.

Last edited:

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
The white ranger is sitting on a 4 inch fabtech spindle lift. Wearing black American racing wheels with 31x1050 mastercraft mxt's. White letters out. Red stripe is gone. Berliner sprayed too. It is not the same truck.