The White Ranger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
This vehicle ended a month long search to find a truck for my oldest son. The intention was to make it the most epic Christmas surprise ever.

2004 Ranger XL
2.3L/Auto/4.10
188k miles

As purchased with dead motor:
You must be registered for see images attach

I put a 100k used motor, and a few other odds and ends in it and drove it to a remote location until late Christmas Eve, then drove it to the house. He was speechless. Absolutely.speechless. So we put a hurtin' on it on Christmas Day...

It needs parts...some from the junkyard and some from the parts store. We have to put together a vision for the finished product. He grew up on the Power Rangers so it's now named The White Ranger.

A full on everything slowburb cleaning is in order inside and out. That will be next along with some necessities to make a safe comfortable driver.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are good little trucks. We had them for service trucks at a tow place I worked for and my dad had one. I would mask and paint a continuation af the stripe onto the bed. It will set it apart and you can tell him if you get reports of poor driving it is no mistake it was him. Besides all white would be boring.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
Those are good little trucks. We had them for service trucks at a tow place I worked for and my dad had one. I would mask and paint a continuation af the stripe onto the bed. It will set it apart and you can tell him if you get reports of poor driving it is no mistake it was him. Besides all white would be boring.
Hey now dad's not supposed to be able to here so easily about your driving. :Nonono: but I guess all my vehicles have stood out and my father's only heard about me being stupid a few times. He just kinda knows as he was young and had camaros and a Mustang or two:rotflmao:

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I was 17 I had a 63 Comet I had just put a 289 in and was driving it with flex pipe and thrush mufflers for exhaust. I got stopped within an hr. of getting it on the road for loud pipes. I may have been getting into it a little. The cop said no ticket just fix the mufflers and I know your dad from the Elks so I will be sure to have him remind you.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Good choice! Them things can take a beating like nothing ive ever seen, which makes it the perfect vehicle for a 16 year old guy.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score

Yes, good little trucks. My first ride 20-something years ago was a 2 wheel drive ranger with a 4 banger and a stick. Mine was nowhere as clean or solid as this one though. Within the next couple years I had a couple others; all 4 banger 2 wheel drives with sticks. While taking the decals off we realized we'd probably not have enough life out of the Whizzy Wheels to remove everything so we left the plain part of the stripe, and just took off the tailgate for now (practically covered with decals). My boy likes it. It's growing on me, but it won't be easy to match the color of a faded and cracked red decal with paint or vinyl.

Hey now dad's not supposed to be able to here so easily about your driving. :Nonono: but I guess all my vehicles have stood out and my father's only heard about me being stupid a few times. He just kinda knows as he was young and had camaros and a Mustang or two:rotflmao:

Hopefully there aren't any issues to report. I'll have eyes and ears all over the place.

Grate story slowburb.

Thanks Kenny.

Looks like a good start!
Always been indifferent about Rangers, always felt a little too snug inside the cab,

It's small, but all he needs.

Good choice! Them things can take a beating like nothing ive ever seen, which makes it the perfect vehicle for a 16 year old guy.

Yes.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
We have a saddle style diamond plate toolbox to go in it. It needs tires right away. Also a wheel stud, & a few lug nuts. The headliner is drooping. The steering wheel is peeling off. As we go through it we'll make a list of JY wants/needs and parts house wants/needs. We have to go through the entire front end and find what's loose under there. Hopefully nothing major.

Last edited:

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
A short JY trip today. We scored two steel wheels same as the rear wheels. Also two center caps and enough flanged lug nuts to change them all over. We knocked out two wheel studs from the same truck. Also we found a brand new set of sway bar links.