The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low4door

Reaction score
Just got done with a drop on my 4 door c2500. 2" drop coils, 3" drop spindles, and a flip kit for the rear. The truck sits lop sided as if the frame were bent. The passenger side sits lower but everything is the exact same on both sides. Anyone know what this could be? Sits like this front and back of the passenger side.

1low4door

Reaction score
Just got done with a drop on my 4 door c2500. 2" drop coils, 3" drop spindles, and a flip kit for the rear. The truck sits lop sided as if the frame were bent. The passenger side sits lower but everything is the exact same on both sides. Anyone know what this could be? Sits like this front and back of the passenger side.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a big drop ! Did you make sure that the springs were seated properly in the cup before assembling everything back on?

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

1low4door

Reaction score
That's a big drop ! Did you make sure that the springs were seated properly in the cup before assembling everything back on?

Yes, they are seated correctly, just kind of baffled at what could be wrong

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, they are seated correctly, just kind of baffled at what could be wrong
Have you put some miles on it yet to see if maybe it'll settle down evenly? I drove like 300-500 miles in my truck after I did the 2/4 drop and it settled nicely.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Anyone have feedback on any of the nfamus kits? I could build my own buuuut I'd rather not mess up the geometry of my suspension lol.

Fimpen

Reaction score
I have recently bought a 1990 c2500 (350 TBI) for pretty cheap. Its a bit rough. But works well. Time will tell what I will do with it.

Anyway, Its a bit lowered. The previous owner have no idea what's done with it. I want to figure out how much its lowered. I have checked out a few different lowering kits online. I suspect it might be a 4/6" drop kit of some unknown brand. What do you guys think?

This is the rear only. Will post pictures of the front suspension later..

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installing 4* shims on a ecsb with a 7" drop in the rear. Belltech instructions say to install shim with the fat end to the rear but after doing that and measuring I think I need to flip it the other way to get the right angle. Anybody run into this?

Sent from a place that rains a lot

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installing 4* shims on a ecsb with a 7" drop in the rear. Belltech instructions say to install shim with the fat end to the rear but after doing that and measuring I think I need to flip it the other way to get the right angle. Anybody run into this?

Sent from a place that rains a lot
It depends on whether or not you have the axle flipped. It will rotate the pinion different depending on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro