The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TROYC1500

Reaction score
New to the forum but I recently did a 4/6 drop on a 96 rcsb with a 4.3 and have found that the front sits higher than the back has anyone tried an air shock in the back for increased height? I'm assuming my kit was designed for v8 weight on the front springs. Have considered lift shackles as well but like the idea of air shocks better but wanna make sure I'll get the result I'm looking fo prior to spending

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New to the forum but I recently did a 4/6 drop on a 96 rcsb with a 4.3 and have found that the fring sits higher than the back has anyone tried am air shock in the back for increased height? I'm assuming my kit was designed for v8 weight on the front springs. Have considered lift shackles as well but like the idea of air shocks better but wanna make sure I'll get the result I'm looking fo prior to spending

Why not just try a set of V6 springs in the front?

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get a buddy to sit on the radiator support, and see if it changes anything much. It probably wont. The V8 doesnt weigh that much more. I'd cut half a coil off. It will give it a bit more stiffness-which is good-and it should drop it an inch.

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im back!
About to purchase a Belltech 3/4 kit for my truck. Though, I don't want to be crazy low, I was wondering, while I am there, what other parts should I replace to make this truck a little more nimble and not feel so sloppy. Suspension and brake wise. I heard C2500 brake calipers are a good upgrade but I want to hear it from you guys first.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so I am having a small issue that I need help with. I decided to use 4" drop leafs with 2" drop hangers and 2" drop shackles for lowering the rear of my truck. Its an ECSB. I have it back together and realized that for a flip kit you need a bell tech saddle to move the rear axle back 1". Since I do not have a flip kit, how do I accomplish this? Drill a hole in my stock saddle 1" back? I do not want to shorten my driveshaft if at all possible. This is a slight oversight on my part. In hindsight I should have gone with a flip kit, but I am too balls deep in it now, to switch it up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drilling the hole should work-as long as you dont have the spring pack in backwards. Measure from the pin to the spring eye both ways and see if there is a difference in your favor.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Springs are in correct. They make it quite clear [emoji16]
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from a place that rains a lot

Bromax

Reaction score
I have a set of 5950 belltechs and have been lookn for install info. I am replacing the stock leafs in a 1993 checy c1500 5.7. I have the belltech 2 inch drop spindles installed on the front and what ti install the 5950 4inch lowerings springs i got to level it. I want to make sure i dont absolutely have to have other parts to install the 5950..theybsay they are an OEM replacement. Makes me think i can just bolt on. Anyone got any info?

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im back!
About to purchase a Belltech 3/4 kit for my truck. Though, I don't want to be crazy low, I was wondering, while I am there, what other parts should I replace to make this truck a little more nimble and not feel so sloppy. Suspension and brake wise. I heard C2500 brake calipers are a good upgrade but I want to hear it from you guys first.
I did a 2/4 on my truck and the drop is just right for me. Shackle and hangers in back, although after doing it, I read up that a flip kit and C notch is better on these style trucks. I have drop spindles in front. I was gonna install the 1" lowering springs but the spindles have the right drop for me. I also upgraded c2500 calipers and master cylinder, and the truck stops alot better now. Calipers bolt up to stock rotors and c1500 pads are being used. I also put energy suspension bushings and stabilizer bar link kit. It's better but could still use more improvement, possibly a beefier stabilizer bar.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk