The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quick question... are 454 SS rally wheels in good condition worth $900 shipped to my door step? They do come with caps.

wareagleburn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quick question... are 454 SS rally wheels in good condition worth $900 shipped to my door step? They do come with caps.
No way. I see them at least once a week on FB or Craigslist for $350 or less. Never heard of them costing more than $500 in excellent condition.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on all my parts. Here is what the setup is:

Belltech Rear Leaf four inch drop
2" drop shackles
DJM 2" drop spindles
DJM 2" drop springs
Bell tech C-Notch kit
Bell tech driveline alignment kit
Moog Cam bolt kit
KYB Gas a just shocks all around
Gibson cat back exhaust
flow master y pipe and cat
Plus all new bushings, ball joints, and tie rod ends up front
And I already have Polished Weld T53 wheels

Another Q.. I am missing anything? Also, after doing even more research am I going the "hard" route by using the 4" drop leafs instead of the flip kit? I just figured that it would ride better. I have no plans to go lower right now, because I really don't want to cut my truck up to bag it, she is an extremely clean 170k truck. I am actually apprehensive to notch the frame. Haha. Thanks.
Pics as Ole Blue sits right now
View media item 31291

Last edited:

wareagleburn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on all my parts. Here is what the setup is:

Belltech Rear Leaf four inch drop
2" drop shackles
DJM 2" drop spindles
DJM 2" drop springs
Bell tech C-Notch kit
Bell tech driveline alignment kit
Moog Cam bolt kit
KYB Gas a just shocks all around
Gibson cat back exhaust
flow master y pipe and cat
Plus all new bushings, ball joints, and tie rod ends up front
And I already have Polished Weld T53 wheels

Another Q.. I am missing anything? Also, after doing even more research am I going the "hard" route by using the 4" drop leafs instead of the flip kit? I just figured that it would ride better. I have no plans to go lower right now, because I really don't want to cut my truck up to bag it, she is an extremely clean 170k truck. I am actually apprehensive to notch the frame. Haha. Thanks.
Pics as Ole Blue sits right now
View media item 31291
Sweet! Only thing I didn't see was carrier bearing shim...

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Just found a set on CL for $125. In good condition too. Score!

Plus I found out my weld wheels (pictured above) won't work they stick a little too far out.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another question I currently have ride rite bags on my truck. I was hoping to retain the helper bags with my 5/7 drop. (I decided to go 5/7 in the last week :) ) But the more I read they make a kit specifically for lowered trucks that relocates the helper bags in front of the axle. Can I just run the helper bags I have now and get different brackets to relocate? I've already spent a ton of money and I want helper bags but not buy a whole new kit. TIA.