The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwinston

Reaction score
Alight guys, Newbie here and I need some real help here.
I want to drop another 2" with hangers as it has 2" shackles now. I will be doing 2" spindles in the front (DJM or McGaughy).
I have took the flares off already and getting new wheels as well.
I do know I want 17" wheels and I dont plan on doing nothing more than the 2/4 as far as height goes.
You must be registered for see images attach

• Click to Enlarge Image
    • You must be registered for see images attach
    • View All Images
$125.29

• Fast Shipping
  • Low Price Guarantee
  • Tech Advice
  • Easy Returns
(1) Review This Product

Wheel, Legend, Aluminum, Gloss Gray, 17 x 8.0 in., 5 x 5.00 in. Bolt Circle, 4.50 in. Backspace
The wheels have 0.00mm offset
Anyone see that I would have issues with these?

Im going to run 255/50/17 tires. If another opinion, please I would be all ears.

Last edited:

Raider92584

Reaction score
Has any1 lowered a v6 single cab? If so wat kit u use and how low did u go...what do u guys prefer 5/7 or 4/6? Never lowered a truck bfore so i have no idea wat im gettin myself into lol

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alight guys, Newbie here and I need some real help here.
I want to drop another 2" with hangers as it has 2" shackles now. I will be doing 2" spindles in the front (DJM or McGaughy).
I have took the flares off already and getting new wheels as well.
I do know I want 17" wheels and I dont plan on doing nothing more than the 2/4 as far as height goes.

• Click to Enlarge Image
    • View All Images
$125.29

• Fast Shipping
  • Low Price Guarantee
  • Tech Advice
  • Easy Returns
(1) Review This Product

Wheel, Legend, Aluminum, Gloss Gray, 17 x 8.0 in., 5 x 5.00 in. Bolt Circle, 4.50 in. Backspace
The wheels have 0.00mm offset
Anyone see that I would have issues with these?

Im going to run 255/50/17 tires. If another opinion, please I would be all ears.
Those wheels in the picture don't look good at all in person. I saw them at a swap meet this past summer and they look really cheap. That's just my opinion. If possible try to find a dealer in your area so you can see them before dropping any money on them.

Pip7899

Reaction score
I have a dumb question on lowering kit ID...
Do drop spindles have any idea marks? Looking at buying a truck already lowered. Drop shackles in the rear and I'm trying to see if I can ID how the front was dropped... looks like stock control arms in the front. Also the front bumper stops are pretty damn close. Idk if that's the sign of someone just cutting off the stock coil springs or not. But the suspension did have nice Travel. When I weighed down the fender it pretty much traveled as if it weren't lowered at all.

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it just has drop spindles in the front, the lower control arms will still point down quite a bit in the front with the truck on the ground, if it has lowered springs the control arms will sit closer to level with the crossmember. That's probably the easiest 'visual' way without actually having to get under the truck.

(I would still get under the truck and have a look anyway as you would do when checking out a new purchase).

Eric1998

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I have a 1998 ext cab and I just got a 4/6 drop. (McGaughy's) My rims are stock (plan on rolling stock for a few months or so) and my tires are 235/75/15 and the rubbing is driving me crazy. What size 15 inch tire should I buy to stop this rubbing issue?

Thanks

HDburb

Reaction score
Hey guys, after venturing all the suspension seller sites, contacting DJM directly, trolling the inter webs and comparing part numbers between the Burban and pickups I have yet to find a generic yes or no answer to move forward with lowering my rig.
My Suburban Silverado is a 92 C2500 8Lug 350/4l80. None of the aftermarket world seems to advertise a kit for the true heavy Sub's...only the knockoff lighter duty 6lugs, but sell kits for crew cab and dually 2500/3500 trucks. Am I wrong to assume that these truck kits will fit my application? DJM was really no help and every thread I've came across was always unanswered. Any help would be greatly appreciated

wareagleburn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I have a 1998 ext cab and I just got a 4/6 drop. (McGaughy's) My rims are stock (plan on rolling stock for a few months or so) and my tires are 235/75/15 and the rubbing is driving me crazy. What size 15 inch tire should I buy to stop this rubbing issue?

Thanks
Fender lip or inner fender?

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im sure this has been asked somewhere in this thread but I am lazy and don't want to search all 90 pages.... I have a 97 ext cab 1500 2WD. I want to put a 4/6 drop kit on her but beside doing a C-notch and tucking my Y-pipe, do I need to cut anything else out? Lower control arms? Bed support for the drive shaft? I know for a 5/7 drop you need a super C notch and to trim your bed support for clearance on the driveshaft. Anything I am missing?

wareagleburn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im sure this has been asked somewhere in this thread but I am lazy and don't want to search all 90 pages.... I have a 97 ext cab 1500 2WD. I want to put a 4/6 drop kit on her but beside doing a C-notch and tucking my Y-pipe, do I need to cut anything else out? Lower control arms? Bed support for the drive shaft? I know for a 5/7 drop you need a super C notch and to trim your bed support for clearance on the driveshaft. Anything I am missing?

For 4/6 you will need a mini notch and will also need to notch the bed support above the diff. Depending on what brand spindles you use and tire/wheel size you plan on running, you may or may not need to trim the rain gutter on control arms. If you're gonna be running anything less than 17's you'll have to do some trimming. Shock relocators would also be a good idea for the rear.