The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Post here if you have a simple question. This will help keep track of common info and reduce clutter.

I have a 99 gmc suberbion I want to put a 4 inch suspension lift but don't know the size of tires to put on it with out having to trim the fenders any suggestions?

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Thanks do you know if there Chinese stuff? Might just have to suck it up and go with them

I don't know for sure, but most likely. If I remember right, someone on here donated there old Fabtech spindles to them so they could get the design to remanufacture them, but I don't exactly remember if it was overseas or not.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Trekline Motorsports is who took the spindles (treklinemotorsports.com) but they are only sold on eBay by the looks of it. Also Big D is who donated (sold) the spendles to them.

Last edited:

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 99 suburban with a 2-3 inch lift no body lift and run a 285/75r16 so I'd imagine that with a little bit bigger lift you should be able to fit 295's pretty well. Also depends on your rims With my diesel I had 35s and they rubbed but couple other ppl have aftermarket rims and same tires as me an they don't rub at all.

Jeff Davis

Reaction score
Hello. New guy here. Not sure if I'm doing this right... I have been reading everything I can find and there is a lot of GREAT information on here, but maybe more than I can process at the moment. Maybe some one can point me in the right direction. I have a 98 1500 Silverado 2WD. Everything is stock. 235-75-15s no mods to suspension at all. It's real saggy looking. Like an old man's pickup. I look UP at everyone I pass on the road! I also have that "rake" where the front sits lower than the rear. I ran 31-10.5's on it a while back but they rubbed when turning a corner. I am interested in lifting it 2 or 3 inches and getting it leveled out. Maybe a 2 in the rear and 3 in the front? 3 rear and 4 front?
What would be the easiest thing for that? (Don't want a body lift). I've seen everything from spindle lifts to coil spring spacers, blocks, etc.
I don't want to "jack" it, I would just like to have it look a little beefier and not like a roller skate. Maybe like a nice stock Z71 would look. Doing the work myself, so easiest is best. Any ideas? Thanks-

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Hello. New guy here. Not sure if I'm doing this right... I have been reading everything I can find and there is a lot of GREAT information on here, but maybe more than I can process at the moment. Maybe some one can point me in the right direction. I have a 98 1500 Silverado 2WD. Everything is stock. 235-75-15s no mods to suspension at all. It's real saggy looking. Like an old man's pickup. I look UP at everyone I pass on the road! I also have that "rake" where the front sits lower than the rear. I ran 31-10.5's on it a while back but they rubbed when turning a corner. I am interested in lifting it 2 or 3 inches and getting it leveled out. Maybe a 2 in the rear and 3 in the front? 3 rear and 4 front?
What would be the easiest thing for that? (Don't want a body lift). I've seen everything from spindle lifts to coil spring spacers, blocks, etc.
I don't want to "jack" it, I would just like to have it look a little beefier and not like a roller skate. Maybe like a nice stock Z71 would look. Doing the work myself, so easiest is best. Any ideas? Thanks-

The easiest thing would be to just get the 4" spindle lift from Rough Country with shocks and a small block. You could do coil spacers but unless you have good automotive knowledge, time, and multiple jacks.... It's not worth the effort to just go the 2" for the spacers. (trust me, I've gone through 3 different spacer, two 2" and my current 1", it's not a short or easy process... Though not as hard now that I've done it three times)

You don't have to get the full kit if you don't want to, but after you install the spindles you might want the block to level everything out. If you go with the spindles, it would be about as high as a ~2" leveled Z71.

Also the spacers put a lot of stress on the frame and the front suspension, another reason to just get the spindles.

Jeff Davis

Reaction score
The easiest thing would be to just get the 4" spindle lift from Rough Country with shocks and a small block. You could do coil spacers but unless you have good automotive knowledge, time, and multiple jacks.... It's not worth the effort to just go the 2" for the spacers. (trust me, I've gone through 3 different spacer, two 2" and my current 1", it's not a short or easy process... Though not as hard now that I've done it three times)

You don't have to get the full kit if you don't want to, but after you install the spindles you might want the block to level everything out. If you go with the spindles, it would be about as high as a ~2" leveled Z71.

Also the spacers put a lot of stress on the frame and the front suspension, another reason to just get the spindles.

Thanks- So basically, it's 4" in the front from the new spindles and 2" in the rear with the blocks?