The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tucker

Reaction score
Alright so I have a 1994 Chevy Silverado c1500 2WD 5.0 v8 extended Cab with step sides. Is there any 6 inch suspension lift that fits my truck? All of the bigger ones are for 4WD. Thanks.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so I have a 1994 Chevy Silverado c1500 2WD 5.0 v8 extended Cab with step sides. Is there any 6 inch suspension lift that fits my truck? All of the bigger ones are for 4WD. Thanks.

I've seen some people run a 4 inch spindle lift with coil spacers.

Iowan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do I know if my truck has been leveled with the torsion keys? and can I use Bilstien 4600 shocks and it still ride and operate correctly?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
How do I know if my truck has been leveled with the torsion keys? and can I use Bilstien 4600 shocks and it still ride and operate correctly?
See how far out the bolts are. Or take a picture of them and post it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hey guys, been having an issue with my 2wd 4" Rough country suspension lift.

So the kit went together nicely however i'm experiencing an issue with my ABS line.

I've found that there is little to no slack left over for the ABS line going into the brake shield near the spindle. I was wondering how I can get more slack out of the ABS line and/or re route the line for more slack when I crank the tires.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Hey guys, been having an issue with my 2wd 4" Rough country suspension lift.

So the kit went together nicely however i'm experiencing an issue with my ABS line.

I've found that there is little to no slack left over for the ABS line going into the brake shield near the spindle. I was wondering how I can get more slack out of the ABS line and/or re route the line for more slack when I crank the tires.

The best (and probably safest) way to fix this is to get new lines made. Most hydraulic shops can make new extended brake lines for you. Don't drive the truck as it is if you can help it. That's a very dangerous game you're playing. If those lines bind up too much or break, bye bye brakes.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Hey guys I want a 6in suspension lift on my 89 c1500 2wd 5lug where can I buy one?

AFAIK, there's no 6" kit available, but you have multiple ways to get there.

Front:
Lift Spindle
Coil Springs
Coil Spring Spacers

Rear:
Lift Blocks
Shackle Flip
Add-a-Leaf

Don't forget about body lifts. Another thing to remember with the 89 is you might have to update rotors and calipers(?) to post-92 stuff if you decide to do a spindle lift. But yeah, mix those or go all out and install all of it and you could theoretically get like 12" of lift (although I wouldn't recommend it, I did RC's 4" lift kit with spindles/blocks and love it).

I'd recommend getting the RC 4" Lift and combining it with the 3" PA Body Lift kit (both can be bought from Rough Country's website). Throw some 35's on it and call it a day.

Ramiro Casas

Reaction score
AFAIK, there's no 6" kit available, but you have multiple ways to get there.

Front:
Lift Spindle
Coil Springs
Coil Spring Spacers

Rear:
Lift Blocks
Shackle Flip
Add-a-Leaf

Don't forget about body lifts. Another thing to remember with the 89 is you might have to update rotors and calipers(?) to post-92 stuff if you decide to do a spindle lift. But yeah, mix those or go all out and install all of it and you could theoretically get like 12" of lift (although I wouldn't recommend it, I did RC's 4" lift kit with spindles/blocks and love it).

I'd recommend getting the RC 4" Lift and combining it with the 3" PA Body Lift kit (both can be bought from Rough Country's website). Throw some 35's on it and call it a day.
This is some awesome help brother tha k you!!!