The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by Mike, Dec 3, 2009.

1. GarrettGmc

GarrettGmc I'm Awesome

I got same issue with 99 burb sagging in the rear. Using new leafs will definitely help rather then a block. But the ride will stiffen. Don't see any problem with your plan, although there's debate abt which shocks are better. When I buy some they'll be blistien 5100 but anything is better then the old factory ones.

2. mavawreck

mavawreck Newbie

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  3. GarrettGmc

GarrettGmc I'm Awesome

Well just checked those and some said they come up 4 inches or so. Be good to make sure they didn't put the rear to high

4. mavawreck

mavawreck Newbie

I saw those reviews too, I wondered if their trucks were sagging before.

I was taking the caddy for a spirited drive today after a replacing the fuel pump, filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and cleaning the throttle body. Front end tends to wander a bit and that made me consider a lift option with A-arms. I replaced the sway bar end links, pitman arm, and idler arm about 1000 miles ago and that helped a ton.

I wish I could buy a 2" lift that replaced the rear springs and front A arms. Like this without the helper springs:
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...ns/year/1998/make/gmc/model/yukon?prefilter=1

5. sal09

sal09 Newbie

what up everyone, got a 96 c1500 a couple weeks ago and suspension seems to be shot out. its lowered a bit (maybe an inch or 2) and want to raise it back to stock maybe a bit higher. Don't want the rear end higher than the front. Is there a kit that I can get that to achieve that? Someone was telling me I can get a suspension lift without using blocks and would make the ride a lot better, anybody know anything about that?

6. GarrettGmc

GarrettGmc I'm Awesome

Unsure if replacing front spring would work but I'll throw it out there

7. sal09

sal09 Newbie

a lil help...

8. GarrettGmc

GarrettGmc I'm Awesome

Ok so thinkin abt installing a 4 inch lift on the suburban but need to know what the overall height will be, ground to top of factory roof rack. If anyone knows?

9. magimerlin

magimerlin I'm Awesome

They will all very a bit... how bout..... measure ground to the top of your roof now and add 4".... I know that sound like me being an ass, but think about it.... if your stock height now and want a 4" lift.... well you get the idea....lol...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Chewy1576 likes this.
  10. Curt

Curt I'm Awesome

I've never measured it but I know with 33" tires and the factory roof rack, the minimum height I need to clear a parking garage is 6'2"... and I'm talking the MINIMUM height (I need to stay on the first level or somehow avoid the speed bumps), any lower than 6'2" and it's a no go. Also the antennae scrapes on the cross beams in the 6'2" parking structure. Hopefully that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017