The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Im a first-time poster to this forum, so I am sure I qualify for the "stupid question" sandbox. I have a '99 1500K suburban that i am "converting" from family station wagon duty in suburb of san Francisco, to a fishing rig for trips to Montana. No off road driving planned, but mostly highway and reasonable dirt roads, and improved two track with the usual veg. growth and natural

I'm not looking to turn this rig into a badass looking truck nor restore to former beauty-- but rather create a practical, more gritty vehicle to get back and forth to rivers- and pull a light raft/ drift boat. I may add a bush guard to aid in case of late night deer encounter- which is unfortunately common. Not looking to invest big in this vehicle-- since it has 200k miles and normal three kid and teenage driver wear and tear. However we have good bond with the "old girl." since she ****** all over, packing our kids everywhere.

Ok.. finally my question. I need new tries which begs the question of size of tire-- desire for slightly more clearance etc. I am sure i don't want to lift body, but rather just get a little more space [leveling] . May need new shocks also -- since current ones might be dated ... Any simple advice for this rookie [some combo of tire size, level/low lift/ shocks? or better yet, anyone in SF Bay area that can do this reasonably>
You could try going to California Concepts in Redwood City for a quote. They've always treated me right with my trucks. Talk to Noah or Brian about it and they'll help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dylan5299

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumb question, would i be able to run 33's without any lift kit, blocks etc.. on a 98 k2500? I have a 3 in. body lift on it right now and I dont like it and want to make sure everything is going to fit if i take the lift off. Thanks

dylan5299

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumb question, would i be able to run 33's without any lift kit, blocks etc.. on a 98 k2500? I have a 3 in. body lift on it right now and I dont like it and want to make sure everything is going to fit if i take the lift off. Thanks
B-Bumped

Phillip

Reaction score
I have a 91 sierra c2500 2wd 8 lug. What options do I have for a lift kit? It does have springs up front, no torsion bars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Would you actually recommend through eBay? Because I know some of there stuff is just crap. Basically I want to be able to fit a 33/12.5r20 tire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I do most my shopping through eBay have have for years now. You just have to know what to look for and I've been doing it so long I mostly know what to avoid. But there is almost nothing that can go wrong with a cast/fabricated piece of steel. Electronics is one thing but casting is fairly simple (in a way) and it kinda hard to mess up. Plus they are direct copies of the old Fabtech spindles which have been discontinued for years now. They took a set of Fabtech spindles from Big D on the Forum and started reproducing them for the people with 8 lug trucks. Last I saw Big D was running them and had no complaints from the reproduction of them.

The spindles are mades by Trekline Motorsports (treklinemotorsports.com) but they are only sold on eBay.