The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buck simpson

Reaction score
In need of rear tan interior trim panels for a 97 ext cab and can't find anywhere to get them. the Junkyards around hear have been picked clean. I was replacing the speakers in the rear pillars and snapped the passenger one, the driver side one didn't do to well either. The sun in AZ is brutal on these. I'm about ready to 3d print them..

R3MW

Reaction score
In need of rear tan interior trim panels for a 97 ext cab and can't find anywhere to get them. the Junkyards around hear have been picked clean. I was replacing the speakers in the rear pillars and snapped the passenger one, the driver side one didn't do to well either. The sun in AZ is brutal on these. I'm about ready to 3d print them..
Evidently nobody monitors this page

Chase Daenzer

Reaction score
What size LEDs will work for the two lights on the sides of the dome light on a 97'?

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What size LEDs will work for the two lights on the sides of the dome light on a 97'?

You must be registered for see images attach

44mm rigid loop festoons. Standard bulb size is 561.

Barrera92

Reaction score
I have a 1996 C1500 ext cab that used to have a custom overhead console. It was there when we bought it new. It is two maplights and a cigarette lighter and they all worked fine. It got pretty beat up so I took it down and got a stock overhead console instead. I got constant power from the dome light via the orange wire and ground from the white wire. I soldered in a two pin connector and plugged it to the stock connector on the console. The problem is the front maplights only work when I open the door or use the switch on the dash. They don’t work if I press the button on the console itself. This isn’t the case with the rear dome light. That works normally with no issues. Any ideas?

Video showing what I mean

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Headliner question... 1988 C1500 Cheyenne RCLB has a white holey vinyl sagging headliner in it. I have searched for a replacement headliner and board but no luck. Ones that look like it will fit do not have the cutout for the interior light. I have no trim pieces that need to be removed to remove it so any upgraded interior packages may not fit. my headliner resembles more of the 1987 style where the interior light is installed in the headliner. is there any resource to find a workable replacement and or build date for my truck? the sticker on the door is faded and slightly loose on the door edge. and most stickers up front are no longer there for what ever reason.

Last edited:

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the 88-94 model have the same floor plan as the later 95-00? I can only find a carpet here in Aus for the earlier year model but hoping it will fit...