The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no lever, sounds like there is a problem w/ the hinge/s

I have since found that the best way to do it (for my truck at least) is to apply upwards pressure when it is in the upright seating position while also moving down into armrest position. I goes down almost 100% of the time doing that. Probs still broken hinge somewhere, but hey it works.

86k10

Reaction score
I have a 95 rcsb w/t and I wanted to install some rear interior if I come across some at the junkyard. Will any 88-98 interior work from the above the door back and all behind the seat? My interior stops at the windshield pillar.

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have the wiring diagram for the cigarette lighter port or whatever it's called lol

Here is the pic from the manual I have. I don't see the cigarette lighter port on it though, but I also didn't look to hard for it. Also this question might better be answered in the Stupid Electronic Question Thread for next time.

You must be registered for see images attach

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Power window works perfectly most of the time every now and then it will only move and inch or so at a time with breaks in between. This is once again week or less. Motor or switch? How can I test it

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm just looking for the wrong thing because I don't know the nomenclature, but I need to replace one of my map light push buttons. Is there a name for this that I'm unaware of or are they just really difficult to find? This is for my 99 GMC.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm just looking for the wrong thing because I don't know the nomenclature, but I need to replace one of my map light push buttons. Is there a name for this that I'm unaware of or are they just really difficult to find? This is for my 99 GMC.

Never seen one of those break before...

You're talking about the little circular buttons next to the light cups, right? Hate to say it, but you might have to just grab another dome housing or OHC to cannibalize.

Laid GP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I snagged a factory homelink transmitter out of a 99 Tahoe from the junkyard and I am having a little trouble getting it to clip in right in to my overhead console. It seems like the hinge side isn't fitting correctly. Are there differences in the overhead consoles that would affect the fit of this one piece?

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I take a tight seat frame off another manual 60/40 bench, and install it onto my bench with a loose seat frame, it rocks back and forth right now and bugs me, my seat cushions are in good shape just the side where the driver sits the track moves in the frame channel up and down slightly it's annoying,

It looks like I just need to undo the 2 bolts on each side and the seat will pull away from the frame, and I'll be able to swap them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skobuffs

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the wiring diagram for the cigarette lighter. I'm having problems with that circuit. I have a short somewhere, so I blow a fuse after using my power locks a few few times, not really sure where to look? I'm thinking maybe in the doors. I really need to replace the pins, and probably the passenger side lock actuator, but it's been working since I cleaned up the switches