The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You wont find a kit for anything 95 and up. But the spline is the same as a 94 down. There are slight differences in steering wheel height, and you will usually get some interference with the newer steering wheel shroud, but with some very minor trimming (that wont even effect going back to stock), it will fit just fine. I went through 2-3 spacers before I found the one that I liked.

LMB1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What size is the hardware for the for the panel under the steering wheel in the 88-94 interior?

Got one at Ipull, but it was off already, and missing the hardware to hold it on.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone got a good website for 88-94 seat covers? Also specifically covers for the armrests themselves.

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay here it is, probably the dumbest question I will ever ask here, but here goes nothing.

My truck (95 K1500) has the front 60/40 bench with the flip down armrest/third seat. What is the proper way to flip it down from upright seat mode, down to arm rest position. Currently I just shake the f*** out of it till it eventually gives and folds to the armrest position. I dont see any type of lever or button that properly releases the armrest. I try to leave it down as much as possible because if I ever flip it up to slide across the seat or something, I fiddle with it for a few good minutes before it randomly flips down to an armrest again. :banghead:

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have the wiring diagram for the cigarette lighter port or whatever it's called lol

For the 91 I am assuming by your username? The Chilton manual I keep in the shop has all of the wiring diagrams in it I could post if somebody doesn't answer you already. I won't have that info till tomorrow though.

I do know that my my 95 cigarette lighter ports are not activated by ignition and are always hot. Don't know if that info helps you or not, depending on what you are trying to wire.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay here it is, probably the dumbest question I will ever ask here, but here goes nothing.

My truck (95 K1500) has the front 60/40 bench with the flip down armrest/third seat. What is the proper way to flip it down from upright seat mode, down to arm rest position. Currently I just shake the f*** out of it till it eventually gives and folds to the armrest position. I dont see any type of lever or button that properly releases the armrest. I try to leave it down as much as possible because if I ever flip it up to slide across the seat or something, I fiddle with it for a few good minutes before it randomly flips down to an armrest again. :banghead:

no lever, sounds like there is a problem w/ the hinge/s