The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As mentioned, it has been done... lines don't match up to the old dash and if I remember reading right the gap between the panel and dash gets alot tighter too (clearance issues)

Been posted here a dozen or so times. Also talks about it in some of the old to new dash conversions....

sent from what use to be a great country...

TBaganATX

Reaction score
OK, we'll thank both for your help guys!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got through doing it. Im really happy with it. You do have to switch out the cartridge along with the door panel (the big square piece that mounts the regulator). While I had it apart, I took the opportunity to sound dampen the inside of the doors, too. Mine is electric windows, and it took me about 8 hours per door start to finish. Oh, and I added the door speakers which is an awesome addition. Thats where a good part of the 8 hours went. The door switch wont hit the panel anymore, so I found an adhesive rubber bumper about the size of a nickel and and stuck it to the door-works just fine now. And the door pulls dont rip off either. Didnt have any clearance issues except with the speaker I used. The magnet was too big and I had to make some spacers-which required some trimming of the door panel.

TBaganATX

Reaction score
I just got through doing it. Im really happy with it. You do have to switch out the cartridge along with the door panel (the big square piece that mounts the regulator). While I had it apart, I took the opportunity to sound dampen the inside of the doors, too. Mine is electric windows, and it took me about 8 hours per door start to finish. Oh, and I added the door speakers which is an awesome addition. Thats where a good part of the 8 hours went. The door switch wont hit the panel anymore, so I found an adhesive rubber bumper about the size of a nickel and and stuck it to the door-works just fine now. And the door pulls dont rip off either. Didnt have any clearance issues except with the speaker I used. The magnet was too big and I had to make some spacers-which required some trimming of the door panel.
Do you happen to have any pics?

My stupid power window bezels break on both sides (engineer should be slapped silly) and I have replaced them twice. It's just hard to find them. Not to mention the door panels seem to always pop off in parts. I have don't the whole inside of my blazer with Dynomat, with the exception of inside the doors. 3/4 on the roof, 1/2 under the carpet. Running 33" MT tires at 80, no road noise really at all.

Would love to see pics if you have any.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JohnBravo

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2000 K2500 Crew Cab, and I've noticed that the door handles don't release the latch until they've been pulled full swing (have to pull handle all the way to get the door to open). I haven't yet taken the door panel off (will be installing new speakers this weekend), but I figured it'd be good to get an idea of what might be causing this.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Cheers,
Jordan

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
Next stop!

You must be registered for see images attach

Seriously POS handle design. This is what the assembly looks like:
You must be registered for see images attach

You can see where the barrel splits around the handle pivot, super common. Somewhere around here there is a thread on how to pull a door panel. They're not hard, pop the window switches up, unplug, pull the two screws out from the grab pocket, pop that bezel off from around the handle (pictured above, mine broke when the handle did), pull the triangle shaped trim off (pull the top out and then lift). The door panel fasteners are two piece on these. They release with a direct and sharp tug, I seldom break them now that I've removed countless door panels. The door handle may be riveted in, can bolt or rivet replacement back in place.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When removing that bezel, the tabs @ 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 & 9:00 get pushed to the outside of the bezel. Otherwise the little hooks on the tabs will break.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will a Grant steering wheel work on a 97 I know the air bag will not work and personally don't care as long as the horn works. if it won't work what do I need to do to make it work