The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6Wheeler

Reaction score
truck is being used right now. plan on getting under when engine cools a bit. I have even placed my hand on the different parts while the e brake on and someone with there foot on the brake and the engine engaged, nothing. weird?

6Wheeler

Reaction score
Also I've been looking for the Wiper Motor Pulse Board Module, Mine is Rectangular Shape and is inside the box I'm pointing at and sits on top of the wiper motor and slides into the top side. All the parts store and dealerships call for a Horse shoe with a Large square shape like the picture shown, nothing like mine?

You must be registered for see images attach

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck seems to have one of those cheap Malaysian alternators. Do they have a washer between the pulley and the nut and if so is it a spring or flat washer? My alternator nut keeps backing off. Cheers

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced my intake, but forgot to mark the distributor. No I am at a loss as to how to get it installed in the correct position from scratch.

I turned the crank until the mark on the balancer was in the largest V on the reference behind the water pump. Then I pointed the rotor straight forward and put the cap on so cylinder no. 1 was on the rotor at this point. When I went to start it, it cranked for a while, then backfired twice. Did I do anything correctly, or is the correct position for cylinder one in a different spot?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is the procedure, hope it helps...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s from alldatadiy.com for a 98. Sorry, didn’t realize you had a TBI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is the procedure from AllData for my 95 (TBI). Unfortunately they said you should have marked it before removing! Just Google distributor timing for any small block engine. The TBI motors in our trucks are pretty much the same as every other small block (carb'd or not). It really changed in 96 with the Vortec.

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the help. I'll have to do more searching tomorrow to find what to do.