The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a stupid question about spark plugs... I'm ready to do a tune up on my 95 silverado with the 305, I was given these spark plugs for free, will they work for my truck?

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
The only 1995 model vehicle those will fit is the Ford Taurus with 3.0 liter V6 engine. Those plugs will fit the Vortec version of the 5.7 liter small block chevy. Not the 305 though. If your truck was just one year newer and had a 5.7 liter you'd be good to go.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only 1995 model vehicle those will fit is the Ford Taurus with 3.0 liter V6 engine. Those plugs will fit the Vortec version of the 5.7 liter small block chevy. Not the 305 though. If your truck was just one year newer and had a 5.7 liter you'd be good to go.
Thank you. I'll just buy some.

Tweezak

Reaction score
94 K1500 4x4 with 5.7L TBI
Engine idles smooth when cold but starts running rough when it gets close to operating temperature. Trying to accelerate results in pretty bad stumbling at first that smooths out for the most part. Still some shudder under throttle.

I changed the engine temperature control sensor and that made no difference. Timing is dead on zero with the timing plug disconnected.

I recently put in a new distributor when the old one crapped out presumably because it was so full of rust. As soon as I installed the new distributor and set the timing the truck ran better than ever. That lasted for a month or so. Then the other day my wife and I were heading out and got a ways from home and realized we'd forgotten something. We headed out the second time and I noticed this rough running so I went back home.

I've sprayed brake cleaner on the vacuum lines with no change in how the engine runs so I don't think it's a vacuum leak. I haven't checked the fuel pressure but the filter is not that old.

Thanks

Hawkeye78

Reaction score
Looking to swap my 5.7 TBI in my '95 K1500 with a LS6. This will be my first non-carbureted engine build, but I'm up for the challenge.

I plan on keeping the truck as a daily driver for a little bit until I can complete the LS6 rebuild.

Here is the question - is the specific year of LS6 that is more desirable than others? I plan to buy a used motor and rebuild it at home. By rebuild, I mean full top end and bottom end.

You must be registered for see images attach

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do i need to get a chip for my 94 k1500 if i run an engine with vortec heads and an rv cam in it? And i will be keeping the tbi set up. Just going to be using a holley tbi for it

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk