The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94silveraydo

Reaction score
Speaking of computer work, I'm planning a computer build and will be using a self contained water cooler for the CPU, it's going to be an i7 7700k on a Gigabyte 270X motherboard with a pair of Nvidia GeForce 1080 GPUs with an HB bridge, would you recommend using some thermal paste on the CPU or would I be fine? I realize it's probably a question better suited for a computer forum but hey while I'm here I might as well ask

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Always use thermal paste when applying any kind of heatsink or cooling solution to a processor in a computer. On another note, go ASUS or ASRock for the mobo, gigabyte hasn't been that great since the good ol' days of the AMD Socket A CPUs...

94silveraydo

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Auto Specialties Underdrive pulleys?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ASP-541000/
Figure it's a cheap 10 hp boost.
Any input?
Be wary of using underdrive pulleys on motors where the serpentine belt drives the water pump. Decreasing the diameter of the main drive pulley will cause the water pump to spin at a slower rate than designed, resulting in less cooling efficiency within the motor and increased risk of boiling coolant out of your water jackets in the block.

dylan5299

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumb question... I'm putting on the exhaust manifold and don't know where this bracket that's connected to the starter goes since it was disassembled when I bought it.

You must be registered for see images attach

dylan5299

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this is and where it goes?

You must be registered for see images attach

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a vent for either a differential or a manual transmission. It should connect to a little nipple on the diff or transmission and bolt up to a higher point.