The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 95 c1500 silverado

Dome light not working
Cargo light not working
Courtesy lights not working

Map/reading lights work

Dome override doesn't change anything.
Fuse is new. Bulbs are new.

What next?

Door jamb switches? Is it possible both are bad? Would that also cause cargo light to not work?

z71nation

Reaction score
I need help asap guys..

Hi everyone. I've been working on my 98 and have most all the issues sorted except the brake lights. The third light works as it should. But when the key is off the brake lights are off. Hit the pedal and hey come on. Normal right? Well when you turn the key on, the brake lights come on. Hit the pedal and they go off. When the key is on they are completely backwards. I tried a good used multi function switch. I tried a head light switch. Two brake light switches. Checked all the grounds and even made a few more chassis grounds. Checked the circuit boards in the wires. Checked all fuses and relays. Checked every wire I could open a wire loom on. Is this a bcm issue or maybe an ignition switch? Idk.im about ready to scrap it

eyesi

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might do it just for kicks!

My question:
Does anyone know where to get the crimp terminals used for the stock electrical connectors? The fuse box has plenty of places to put all of you accessory relays and fuses. This would really make a clean install. It would look completely stock. If someone finds them I will make up a file for the underhood and ip fuse panel label so that you could print out a new one and put it on the panel cover. That would be sweet!

i use to go to the yunk yard, and...

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I wanna hook up a wire to one of the ports with the letters BLU next to it, BESIDES the junk yard, is there a website that sells these connectors? I currently dont have time to hit my not local at all junkyard.

Any body got a connector with a pigtail there willing to sell?

You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I'll look tomorrow and see if I can find one on either of my parts trucks. If that's the case I'll just give it to you. Too small to "sell" in my opinion!

gstubbz

Reaction score
I greatly appreciate it!!

I looked at three trucks, none of them had the blue connector but I found one that was brown and looks like it has the same plug as the blue connector. In the daylight I'll remove it and test it in the blue socket just to make sure.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I looked at three trucks, none of them had the blue connector but I found one that was brown and looks like it has the same plug as the blue connector. In the daylight I'll remove it and test it in the blue socket just to make sure.

Yea A brown one could very well work, theres an orange connector thats in a "GRN" socket/port.

thanks again for looking.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Yea A brown one could very well work, theres an orange connector thats in a "GRN" socket/port.

thanks again for looking.

The brown one was the only one I could find, close to fitting in the blue tab. Might need to break off the locking pin for it to fit over the terminal at least!

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I looked again today, An orange Connector would work, as they fit in the socket that have GRN next to it, which Is also a switched Hot that I need.

That Brown one looks like it Fits in the socket with WHT next to it, which unfortunately is constant 12v whether its on or off.