The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Headlights switched to on, nothing. No parking, tail, or dash lights. Daytime running lights still on. Smack top of dashboard with both hands open palmed, and bingo. Switch problem, or other? Additionally, windshield wipers run with a mind of their own when turned on, and sometimes don't turn off until truck is turned off. Wiper/cruise arm replacement, or other? Thanks for the help!

Headlights = Switch replacement. Common problem, easy fix.
Windshield wipers = electronic board inside wiper motor. Common problem, easy fix. Under $40.00. I believe there is a recall on this, for the year of your truck. Check with your Dealer.

rhino99

Reaction score
Ok now to let you all know I have solved the issue!!!!!!!!!!!!! I un-pluged one of the bulbs on each side and both turn signals and corner lights work. Thanks to all that helped out with the suggestions.

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
I've got a stupid question for you lol.
If I'm gonna clean the blower motor, do I have to disconnect/ground the electricity or something? How would I do such a thing? I just don't wanna fry myself.

XXSeanXX

Reaction score
What do the three wire harnesses go to behind the dash next to head unit?

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a stupid question for you lol.
If I'm gonna clean the blower motor, do I have to disconnect/ground the electricity or something? How would I do such a thing? I just don't wanna fry myself.

no, just disconnect your battery and you'll be safe. There is very little risk of frying yourself on a 12v system, but I would be worried about frying your truck or something in your truck if you are working on electronics with the battery hooked up still, I almost burned down and old truck of mine working a cig liter that was unfused while the batter was hooked up, I know fuse everything i put in my truck lol, at least i learn from my experiences.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Ive got a question ,my a/c in 98 ecsb works great........but only on high , full blast , freeze me out of there setting .Which I hate to say for the sake of sounding sacrilegious (A/C can never work too good right ? ) But after awhile the noise of the motor gets very old. If I turn it too any other fan speed it shuts off, So far ive replaced

HVAC controls (new a/c delco part)
Resistor and pig tail
Blower Motor relay

anyone else run into this? and if so what was your next step?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive got a question ,my a/c in 98 ecsb works great........but only on high , full blast , freeze me out of there setting .Which I hate to say for the sake of sounding sacrilegious (A/C can never work too good right ? ) But after awhile the noise of the motor gets very old. If I turn it too any other fan speed it shuts off, So far ive replaced

HVAC controls (new a/c delco part)
Resistor and pig tail
Blower Motor relay

anyone else run into this? and if so what was your next step?

I have a similiar problem, but have yet had time to dig into it to figure out what the problem is. My blower motor will not run on the high/meduim setting, but will run at all other settings as it is supposed to (high, meduim/low, low). Once i diagnose the problem I'll be sure to let ya know what the culprit was!