The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneDickerson

Reaction score
My air conditioner display has never had any problems before, but now the light that comes on when you push the blue ac button just blinks and my ac won't work.
It is a 92 and the ac has always worked until it started blinking.... I don't know exactly when it got messed up because it happened during last winter.

Has anybody had this problem? and does anybody know how to fix it???

maxakabill

Reaction score
So I pulled off my dash panel to look at doing some wiring, and I found three harnesses taped up and tucked away behind my instrument cluster. I have a 1998 GMC Suburban with the barn doors so I dont have any switches to the right of my instrument cluster. My question is where do these wiring harnesses end? Are they hooked up to anything and where do they end up?

maxakabill

Reaction score
One other question. I went to the junkyard the other day and pulled the overhead console out of a blazer. I had read something about being able to hook up the mileage computer so it can calculate your fuel economy, does anybody know how to do this? Or can anybody point me out to a thread that shows how to do this? Thanks.

stephanm1

Reaction score
i have a 1993 suburban, converted the manual windows and locks to power with parts from another suburban that a guy was parting out, all the windows work fine but the power locks wont work at all, i have power in all the right places and the switches work fine. the wiring diagrams i have say that there is supposed to be a door lock control module but cannot locate it at all and have been told by a gm dealer that there was none on that year of suburban
any info will help thanks

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Headlights switched to on, nothing. No parking, tail, or dash lights. Daytime running lights still on. Smack top of dashboard with both hands open palmed, and bingo. Switch problem, or other? Additionally, windshield wipers run with a mind of their own when turned on, and sometimes don't turn off until truck is turned off. Wiper/cruise arm replacement, or other? Thanks for the help!

rhino99

Reaction score
I have just purchased new LED turn signals. They completely replace the factory turn signal housings. I can not get them to signal correctly. Have checked all the fuses and have had no luck. also I have switched my relay to a LED flasher. any suggestions on what to do?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have just purchased new LED turn signals. They completely replace the factory turn signal housings. I can not get them to signal correctly. Have checked all the fuses and have had no luck. also I have switched my relay to a LED flasher. any suggestions on what to do?
Did everything work correctly with your old light's?

maxakabill

Reaction score
Do your turn signals look like this?
You must be registered for see images attach

Also do you have led bulbs for your taillights? If thats the case, you might have too many led's for your flasher because I know mine only supports so many. You could probably add a resistor to the wire powering your turn signals, that should fix your problem.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Do your turn signals look like this?
You must be registered for see images attach

Also do you have led bulbs for your taillights? If thats the case, you might have too many led's for your flasher because I know mine only supports so many. You could probably add a resistor to the wire powering your turn signals, that should fix your problem.

If you wire in a resistor, do it through the FRONT turn signals. NOT THE REARS!!! The rears will still get the message, but as your brake lights & rear turn signals are the same bulb, if you are sitting in traffic, or going down long hills with your brakes on for extended periods, the current is going through the resistor, & it will get SO hot that it can/is/will be a fire hazard. These get seriously HOT if wired to the rear. The skin on my fingers actually 'sizzled' when I touched the resistor for just a nano-second. Little puff of smoke off the digits, followed by a whole lot of curse words. Funny dance moves. REALLY hot!

Last edited: