The Stupid Axle Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep Nitro gear
Bluetorch Fab sells them I'm sure others too
$180 per

I actually did find those, but I assumed the Bluetorch Fab listing was just a placeholder. That part number is gone from the Nitro Gear website. Looks like they've quit manufacturing them. I guess I could email Bluetorch and see if they still have any stock. Thanks for looking either way!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. I've been looking at what I can do to keep the 5 lug and build it stronger then factory

Yep Nitro gear
Bluetorch Fab sells them I'm sure others too
$180 per

Think I've found an easier and cheaper way than going with the 454SS shafts, even if Bluetorch does still have them. Moser offers welding and re-drilling of customer supplied shafts for different bolt patterns. Looks like you can get them re-drilled for about $90 each.

http://www.moserengineering.com/moser/shop-services/

So basically find a 2WD 9.5" 14 bolt and have the shafts re-drilled for 5 lug.

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw this yesterday and not sure at all what to make of it....any thoughts?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just saw this yesterday and not sure at all what to make of it....any thoughts?

Time for some new rotors.
Someone must've dropped it off a jack or hit it somehow. I wouldn't drive very long like that.

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for some new rotors.
Someone must've dropped it off a jack or hit it somehow. I wouldn't drive very long like that.
Well thanks yeah I was thinking the same thing but after posting this and thinking about it I remember hearing a strange noise a couple weeks ago while driving and I'm pretty sure it happened then but I was mostly wondering if there might be any thing else screwing my **** up I should know about.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dnt see anything happening while driving that would cause that unless ur wheel came off, but who knows.

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dnt see anything happening while driving that would cause that unless ur wheel came off, but who knows.
I might have just been hoping that was what I heard but yeah your right I can't think of anything and my wheel never came off while I was going down the road so yeah just time for a new rotor I guess

Slime

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question, on my 96 3/4 ton 2wd truck is there a code for FF or SF? I know it's a 3:73 gear but not a posi unit and I'd like to add that but I'm not sure what's available for it.