The Shock Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I'm getting ready to buy a DJM 4/6 kit and a AVS Underbed C-notch an I want to run Bilstein's Shocks front an rear, I read all 8 pages an seen where someone has the bilstein AK2083 for the fronts, Is this still correct an what about the rears?
Any help would be greatly appreciate it!!!!
Thanks
Lance.
Found this set up for 4/6 dropped using Bilstein's at shockwarehouse.com
http://www.shockwarehouse.com/cart/cart.cfm
Anyone use this set up?

Last edited:

crdude

Reaction score
Truck is a 95 extended cab gmc, 4x4.

Dropped 2" in front (aftermarket torsion keys)
And 4" in rear.

If you had around $500 to drop on shocks +/- $100? What would you buy?

Also what are you guys doing for bump stops?? I have about 1" of travel between my stops and axle tube.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I'm getting ready to buy a DJM 4/6 kit and a AVS Underbed C-notch an I want to run Bilstein's Shocks front an rear, I read all 8 pages an seen where someone has the bilstein AK2083 for the fronts, Is this still correct an what about the rears?
Any help would be greatly appreciate it!!!!
Thanks
Lance.
Found this set up for 4/6 dropped using Bilstein's at shockwarehouse.com
http://www.shockwarehouse.com/cart/cart.cfm
Anyone use this set up?

To The Top....

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
No Problem. They are very firm. My suspension is very frim as I have Helwig front and rear sway bars. But the shocks add to it as well. You dont have to go with the heavy dutys but, I run them on both my trucks.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh no I want FIRM!!!!
I am also doing the Helwig sway bars!!!
My plans are DJM 4/6 drop with AVS underbed c_notch, Bilstein shocks, and helwig sway bars.
Sounds like you have the set up I'm going with lol.....
How do you like that set up?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Bilstein makes shocks that are a good match for a 3/4 drop on these trucks? The only numbers I've been able to find are AK2083 for a 4" drop in front and 24-021715 for a 6" drop in rear with a flip kit/shock extenders. Will these work for a 3/4 as well and if not does anyone know what will? I'd prefer to stay with Bilstein due to past experience.

EDIT: Think I answered my own question at least partially. I looked up those part numbers on a couple different websites and it seems like they'll probably work for my application. Slightly varied info between vendors but Bilstein's website actually lists them both for a 4" drop so I think they'll probably be fine. If anyone has any other suggestions or wants to share prior experiences with these please feel free.

Last edited: