The Shock Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have to run the shock extenders if you get the shorter shocks? Can someone explain the rear options for me. Im new to having lowered trucks
the purpose of the shock extenders is not as descriptive as it sounds. When you lower the truck, the mounting points rotate out of alignment. This makes the shock actually sit in there sideways rather than vertical. It works as a lever rather than actually absorbing up and down movement. The extenders pull that lower mount out almost 2" which lines the holes up closer to a stock position giving you a much more vertical movement.

Lu Blunt

Reaction score
Monroe max-air shocks

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/news/airshocks.pdf

Djm front shocks for 4” drop measure
Extended – 13.5″
Collapsed – 9.0″
https://djmsuspension.com/product/1315/

I’ve been looking for a very firm shock for the front of my 96 c2500LD with 4/6 drop. I have calmax shocks front n rear. I think overall they are a nice ride but too soft for my wheel n tire combo. Added slam-air helper bags to the rear to help the Chevy lean n stop bottoming out. I’m very happy with those. Going to order max-air shock part number MA785 for the front. Hopefully I can add enough air to keep the front tires from rubbing the inner wheel well

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Monroe max-air shocks

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/news/airshocks.pdf

Djm front shocks for 4” drop measure
Extended – 13.5″
Collapsed – 9.0″
https://djmsuspension.com/product/1315/

I’ve been looking for a very firm shock for the front of my 96 c2500LD with 4/6 drop. I have calmax shocks front n rear. I think overall they are a nice ride but too soft for my wheel n tire combo. Added slam-air helper bags to the rear to help the Chevy lean n stop bottoming out. I’m very happy with those. Going to order max-air shock part number MA785 for the front. Hopefully I can add enough air to keep the front tires from rubbing the inner wheel well
I love my Qa1's.. I turn the dial and they are stiff, turn it and they are soft again.. done

Lu Blunt

Reaction score
I saw u post about having too much up down travel up front. That’s my problem right now. Didn’t see where u posted what shocks u ended up with. Do u have link to the qa1 shock u bought?

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Lu Blunt

Reaction score
Sounds like qa1 is the way to go. Where at in the coil did u put the coil booster?

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like qa1 is the way to go. Where at in the coil did u put the coil booster?
I just put them in.. all they are doing is keeping the coil at full compression from being able to squeeze completely solid. It just softened the extreme movement for me when it was fully compressed. the shocks made all the difference. You can go tight enough that they will never hit again, however it rides like it has a welded suspension..LOL. I believe there are 19 clicks bottom to top (can't remember exactly). I started at 15 and it rode great but on an extreme hit id still get enough movement to hit the fender well. I did 18 and it didn't ever hit, but it was a little too harsh to enjoy the ride. I ended up I believe at 16 clicks from bottom and it only scrubs the fender well on rare occasion. And its usually some surprise dip on the road on one side at 50 mph that loads up one corner with the weight of the truck rather than the whole front end

Lu Blunt

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I really like the adjustability without having to go coil-over shock. Pricey for sure lol but sounds to be well worth it. Gonna order some asap

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I really like the adjustability without having to go coil-over shock. Pricey for sure lol but sounds to be well worth it. Gonna order some asap
I really do like mine... zero complaints. gonna buy them for the rear too, just haven't NEEDED them yet.