The Overhead Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jiggie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well dove in to installing the overhead console on my 99 obs suburban last night. Wasn’t too bad of a install considering there wasn’t much to go off of and turns out i even had the wires for the map lights already installed just had to unwrap them and run them to the front. Here are a few pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
I want an overhead console now... I assume my '88 reg cab can accommodate one?

I did replace all the stock rear ceiling lights with LEDs.... 10 times brighter! ( The LED bulbs are + / - directional ... if they don't light up, just flip it around)

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want an overhead console now... I assume my '88 reg cab can accommodate one?

I did replace all the stock rear ceiling lights with LEDs.... 10 times brighter! ( The LED bulbs are + / - directional ... if they don't light up, just flip it around)
It can. You'll probably won't have the mounting tabs in the roof in a regular cab. You'll have to screw it directly to the roof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

lxe4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine installed this past weekend . The map lights come on with the dome light and work with the switches when the doors are closed .
How did you end up connecting all this up? im assuming theres a diode on the door switched line?

Red Bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After finding out that the OHC that I picked from the junkyard was too long for my son's truck, we found a shorter one from another junkyard. Finally got around to installing it yesterday along with the ntu headliner that we pulled from another donor truck. Cleaned it as best as possible and then shot it with some Duplicolor fabric paint. Had to use 1 1/2" screws to secure the OHC to the roof.

All in all, a great mod and a great time to spend with my son working on his truck.

1995 Chevy Cheyenne HD 2500 W/T

good job. both ya'll

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know these are old threads but i just got around to seeing them :sleepy:I'll get back under my rock now.

My take on old threads that have good info in them is to post something and let them be seen again. I have bumped several I would not apologize for. I don't go out of my way to do so but there are some really great ones on here that answer many questions. Get out from under that rock and build another of these great trucks.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How did you end up connecting all this up? im assuming theres a diode on the door switched line?

I claim no credit for creating this, only for saving it where I can find it. Someone on here uploaded it quite some time ago. You are correct about diode(s) on the switched line.

682XLR8

Reaction score
Picked up this jewel at the wrecking yard today for $20, plan is to remove the heater/air control and locate a blank plate to replace it, then install in my 92 Silverado.....I’ve read this thread several times but I’m sure I’ll have questions