The Overhead Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Couple comparisons pics of GMT400 truck console, GMT400 SUV/GMT800 console and a astro van long console

You must be registered for see images attach

As you can see the truck console and the astro console are screwed together (truck console uses Phillips screws, astro uses torx), the SUV console has the plastic rivets

Wiring is ran down the inside of the console in the astro. The wiring plugs are near the rear.

Gutted astro console, all the parts fits the other consoles, even the big dome light fits the garage door

Homelink and DIC in truck console. The homelink was removed from the SUV console, DIC from the astro

Astro plug wiring

Finished product

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Like that one outa the Astro van! Too long for a reg cab?
Way to long! Plus the base is a really odd shape for the astro roof. I originally was going to try and put it in my crew cab but it wasn't even close

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score

I just got one of these from a '02 era Sierra- I'm planning on only using screws to put it in and didn't really want to cut my headliner- it will be an interesting install.

I also have no cupholder in my truck other than the glove box door ones, and I wanted better ones so I bought a drop in one from a nnbs truck, and will screw it to the floor just to the right of my 4wd shifter

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma

I just got one of these from a '02 era Sierra- I'm planning on only using screws to put it in and didn't really want to cut my headliner- it will be an interesting install.

I also have no cupholder in my truck other than the glove box door ones, and I wanted better ones so I bought a drop in one from a nnbs truck, and will screw it to the floor just to the right of my 4wd shifter

They make a cupholder that fits your truck, it mounts to the dash in the center. http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-94-CHEVY...ash=item4646c99bdf:g:kcYAAOSwYaFWgNBr&vxp=mtr

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
I have seen those cupholders, but I don't really like them hanging from the dash, and it I drop loose change in that it will end up all over my floor lol

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I have seen those cupholders, but I don't really like them hanging from the dash, and it I drop loose change in that it will end up all over my floor lol
But they are the best cup holders ever. Fit any size cup! I miss mine!!! They also fold away.