The New Family Toy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My wife and kids and I go camping with my parents a lot. With 3 kids, their 27' c-class motorhome was just too damn small. We needed more space. So, earlier this year we picked up a pop-up camper. Now, I've never been one for pop-ups before. My parents have had an RV since I was born, but never a pop-up. I've never dealt with one before, so it was a learning experience. The one we ended up getting was pretty damn nice for a pop-up for sure. It has a slide-out on the side, which I had never heard of before on a pop-up. The thing is pretty big for what it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

We took it on a 2 week trip in June. There was no space for us and all our stuff and after having to set it up and take it down several times in the rain, it didn't take us long, especially my wife, to decide we wanted none of that. After the trip was over, my wife vowed never to take it on a trip again. So, off to Craigslist she went in search of a replacement. We pulled that replacement home yesterday evening.

From a 12' pop-up to a 30' travel trailer. It's a bit of an upgrade for sure. We can't wait to try it out. So much storage space, sleeping for 8, lots of room, central air. This sucker is nice. My boys are spending the weekend with their mother and know nothing about this, so we can't wait to see how they react when they come back on Monday.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sweet nice upgrade but i must say pop ups suck in the wind and rain!! but they are so much easier to tow in the wind and rain. lol does the tandem axle make the traveltrailer any better??

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sweet nice upgrade but i must say pop ups suck in the wind and rain!! but they are so much easier to tow in the wind and rain. lol

Ease of towing is pretty much the only thing positive I can say about the pop-up trailer experience.

does the tandem axle make the traveltrailer any better??

No, but I don't think you'd want a single axle on a 30' trailer.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Nice buy 1badgmc, we had a 27' Jayco Eagle, almost exact same setup, once in the door, far left end had bunks on the left and a bathroom on the right, is that how yours is?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice buy 1badgmc, we had a 27' Jayco Eagle, almost exact same setup, once in the door, far left end had bunks on the left and a bathroom on the right, is that how yours is?

Yep. Just like that. Master up front, living and kitchen in the middle, bunks and bathroom at the rear.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice trailer man, once you go this way youll see how wrong it is for people to sleep in tents :D I tried a buddy of mines pop up one weekend and the stupid just sucked in the wind, thing was rocking so badly back and forth, I went to sleep in my bronce. Congrats again on the new purchase.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice Trailer. It looks quite similar to my parents 29' Jayco with the exception that the kitchen and the couch swapped places. Looks good!