the mysterious interior rain leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Alright I have developed a rain leak underneath the passenger side dash coming from the plastic cover shown in the pic. I know it isn't condensation because it happened over night and its the wrong time of the year for AC use. This is clear and odorless water not antifreeze. Anyone had a similar issue and can point me in the right direction?
You must be registered for see images attach

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
I have the same problem, but I don't know where it is coming from or what causes it. When it rains I get a small puddle on my passenger side floor mat.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yep, pull the wiper arms off then the bezels, they are held in with a few phillips screws. Those screws and some below that bezel wear out over time and leak water when it rains. My 98 did it, fixed it by pulling the screws out and gobbing silicone everywhere in the holes and around the screws. Worked like a charm.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Yep, pull the wiper arms off then the bezels, they are held in with a few phillips screws. Those screws and some below that bezel wear out over time and leak water when it rains. My 98 did it, fixed it by pulling the screws out and gobbing silicone everywhere in the holes and around the screws. Worked like a charm.

Fantastic! Gonna try that tomorrow. Hopefully it helps Gatorboy as well.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Mine leaked from the top center of the windshield. But puddled on the passenger floor. Took me a small forever to find it. I just siliconed the top edge of the windshield all the way across. No leaks since.

1Sik1500

Reaction score
Check for clear HVAC drain hose. Make sure it is clogged with crud.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score

Thanks Chris I'll give it a shot the whenever it stops raining. I hope it works!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've siliconed those screws an I'm still getting water in there. The only way I can stop it is to put the hvac on recirculate when I know it's going to rain.

I can actually hear it in the box hitting the blades on the blower motor and it leaks from the bottom mounting screw for the blower.