The Center Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on of these days Im gonna build this for my truck

You must be registered for see images attach

I built one kinda like this for a Burb I had but where the stereo is on this picture I placed my on a angle and in the inside I placed my Amps and one 12 volt fan in the front of the box and another in the back to keep them cool.

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
']
[/URL]

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What I currently have. Will be designing a new one with the head unit and cupholders and cubby hole for stuff.

91obsHD

Reaction score
Trimmed to fit somewhat flush & 6x9s now time to paint it

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing too special, just a GMT800 console modified to fit the floor

That's a clean interior. Now I am going to have to do LEDs, and Space Dust is one of my favorite beers. Good thing Costco sells it by the case!

Last edited:

skobuffs

Reaction score
I just got a console out of an '01 Tahoe and threw in. I didn't do the front part with the cassette player, just the shorty back part. I don't have a cover for the front hole, but you can't see it unless your looking around on the floor, so whatever. I still need to paint it grey to match, as I saw somebody did on here. I have it in an extended cab, unbolted, just sitting over the original center console brackets, doesn't ever seem to move Really. Idk if I want it to sit more forward though, I'd have to remove the bracket, but that'd be easy enough.

The one thing I was thinking about was trimming the bottom of it to match the contours of the floor. Then it would sit in perfectly. I don't have any of the original mounting hardware it came with. Thought I could make a cardboard template for the left and right side, then trim it? Any other thoughts?

djp73

Reaction score
looked through most of this thread and didnt see what I was looking for.

Any info about putting in the floor console from a 95-99 into a truck that had 60/40s?

Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know that the gmt800 consolez have to be trimmed to fit the floor, but how are you guys sercuring it to the floor? Does any of the factory holes work with the gmt800 console?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk