The Build of My $200 Dollar Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoolDude1975

Reaction score
Now this is a mod that i cannot stress enough to do if you work on anything at night. This is the LED light mod, made popular by a Gearhead4life on youtube.
You must be registered for see images attach

I could swap a motor in with those lights going.
Now before i swapped the motor, i got rid of the old steelies, (i wish i didn't) and got a set of 2010 camaro rims.
Now you will need 4 5x5 to 5x4.75 1.5 inch wheel adaptors to run these wheels. All four corners will need to be trimmed or rolled to get these to tuck.
Back to the engine.

The 4.3 came out easily. ( A big thank you to @Dgonz )
I sent that motor off to a better place.
The chrome rims look 10 million times better on that truck then the steelies did!

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welded some holes made from the ghetto slide hammer job previous owners did. Followed with fiberglass filler and then a large coat of filler to blend it together with the roll pan. Gonna sand it down tomorrow and it should be getting ready for primer.

Reaction score
Didn't get the pictures last night got home from work after dark. Here's some in case you still need them

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much has happened to the truck lately. I still gotta do my required assignments for the class. A little update though. I pulled the truck out and ran it a little to charge the battery... next thing you know I'm out driving down the street with no bed on. Missed driving it. I will get back on it tomorrow. Bed has one more panel to straighten and then it's onto primer. Cab is in much better shape than the bed.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More progress. Over the last few days ive been only able to touch the truck a couple of times. Finished filling the roll pan tab, slung a thin coat of filler on the bedside above the bodyline, went over the bedside before the rear wheel with some filler as well. I will finish sanding some of the excess filler off, and then we will put a thin coat of primer over the box, and ill get to sanding. Tailgate is up next. On a side note, looks like the truck will be refinished the original color. WA8624 (Olympic white)

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. He wants the truck done like a customer car. To him that means painting interior, inside door jambs, inside fenders...etc. I really wish I could paint it different but I can't argue about it. It has to represent the school.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went thru that same thing at Wyotech. I had to paint my car as if it was a customer's car. I argued that I was taking a additional custom paint course but I did not win. So instead I painted interior pieces and underhood pieces the color I wanted the car to be.