The Build of My $200 Dollar Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember taking my ICAR welding test. I have yet to work with someone or at a place where its a requirement or even asked about. Also at 2 places i worked for they looked at me like i had a dick growing out of my forehead for talking about having 33 ICAR points. Just food for thought. Truck is looking sweet.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More progress today. I ended up having to manipulate the roll pan to get it to line up correctly, as it was warped slightly from before. Other than that, things welded on smoothly. Started with a series of tack welds on each side, and stitch welded in the rest to avoid warping the pan again. I'm gonna finish grinding it all smooth tomorrow, and then throw some filler over it to smooth it out.
You must be registered for see images attach

MarkZ28

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice truck. Bet you dont miss the rust that Iowa trucks have, lol. Grew up in Muscatine, Iowa and dont miss the salt and rust. Alabama vehicles are so much easier to repair and keep nice. My 89 is rustfree and in great shape for its age. Im not going as wild as yours and going more for performance than looks first..

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I feel you @MarkZ28 ...my first truck was a 93 ford ranger, 3.0 five speed...i had to get rid of it because the frame rotted in half. This truck gets stored for winter of course. I'm glad my truck is an alabama truck, so just in case i ever need to sell it i can charge double the going price up here :). Trucks like mine up here go for a good 8-10k.