The Build of My $200 Dollar Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now, after a quick washing, It was time to replace the motor mounts.
For anyone looking to LS swap a truck with a v6 in it before, have fun with this next part.
You have to go through the pocket for the lower control arm to get it to the nuts on the back side. A big pita, but it can be done. Just dont accidentally cut your brake line in half. ;)
You must be registered for see images attach

Before i put the motor in, i did a quick check on the lower end, and replaced the sump o ring.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In with the new!

replaced all upper end gaskets, and did a emissions delete on the motor.
Getting these motors running in a c1500 is not hard the second time, but the first time, its a wiring nightmare. I think i spent a total of 3 days just on wiring it...And im still not done to this day.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had gotten the swap done, and was able to drive it my graduation.

The rest of the summer was spent on getting everything straightened out engine wise. Next thing you know, college is right around the corner for me.
Here is where i get to let loose on this truck.
I am currently enrolled at Scott Community College, in their auto collision technician program. At this moment, they do allow you to work on your own vehicles. So why not bring my truck in?
Here we stand today.

Last edited:

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of creating a somewhat-show truck with this. I welded the CV antennae hole shut and got rid of that nasty duct tape over it.

I did this by using a 18 gauge peice of metal and butt welded the center large hole, then for the small we did a simple plug weld. Smoothed out, and applied light coating of fiberglass reinforced body filler.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now for the fun stuff.
I am going to shave everything on the truck that is not needed for what i use it for.
I started off simple by welding the bed pockets shut.

Again, we hit it with some fiberglass body filler, and ended with a very skim coat of body filler along the whole bedside. (the truck has lots of small little dents on the rails.)

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem man. Makes me want to pick up a lowered rcsb to go with my lifted ecsb. That way i can have the best of both worlds. Really sweet truck though so far i cant wait to see how itll turn out once your done with it.