The Body Lift Thread

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by squeaky3, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Echomirage

Echomirage OBS Enthusiast

ive been considering a 3in BL lately, namely this one:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-7812300

can anyone tell me what else id need to properly complete it? 96 suburban K2500, big block. gas filler extension, shift linkage, steering, etc? i dont want to get elbow deep, then find out i need another part have to wait yet another week to install it.

2. thz71

thz71 Stock SUCKS!

It comes with everything you need. Other than that you'll probably want rear bumper brackets and gap guards

3. 99'Subourbon

99'Subourbon Longroof NOOA Member

Suburbans have a fixed rear bumper - no bumper brackets for us. What you have to do is trim some of the medal off the top of the bracket on the bumper, and drill another hole further up. There is a post around here somewhere detailing it. If I find it, I'll link it.

4. Echomirage

thats good to hear, thanks for the replies. its usually my luck that i get halfway through a project, then find out i need another part or something. the lift is to fix a major rubbing issue with 285s and zero backspace wheels.

5. Lukesaulter

Lukesaulter Newbie

Anyone have any experience with the the rear heater hoses during a body lift? They go through the frame at one point and I don't know of the small section of rubber hose will flex enough for a 3" body

6. Echomirage

hope someone sees this and answers quick, as im in the process of doing the body lift right now, and will try to finish it tomorrow.

questions: for suburban guys.......what did you do about the rear ac lines? fuel lines? were the hoses long enough in front of the fuel filter? what about the brake lines....did they just uncoil and lengthen themselves? where and what exactly are the 'steel vapor lines' in the instructions?

the instructions just say to 'check and lengthen if needed'......not really the most helpful, and no pictures.

7. JScott23

JScott23 8 Lug Expert

Has anyone used a 2" body lift? I Need like an extra inch of lift and would like to do it cheaply. Don't need 3".

8. dirtridinz71

dirtridinz71 I'm Awesome

2" body lift and 285's on my old 98

[​IMG]

9. andy396

andy396 Newbie

10. SierraVortec

SierraVortec I'm Awesome

Those were 285/76/16 Duratracs, i cranked about 3/4". on my current truck i am putting 275/70/18 duratracs on nnbs z71 wheels