The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you don't move the rear bumper up there isnt a gap between the hitch and bumper...just between the bumper and body then

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I hate gaps reguardless, when/if I do another one I'm moving everything, hitch and all. On my 91 I never relocated the back bumper because my tailpipes came straight out the back and my bumper was warped from being towed out with it.

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another Cheesehead! All right!

hellz ya! where u located?

and ya i know if i relocate the bumper the gap will just be transferred. but it might look better lol idk right now tho i'm cool with it tho

SlimT

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

both of these have 3inch body lift's and mine on the right has a little t-bar crank an 35x12.50x15's
the other truck has with no crank 33x12.50s

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats what I wanted to see. I have 35's I wanna run also unless I snag some 36's before. Whichever will clear the best without rubbing.

8" wide wheels?

SlimT

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they are but not positive. They have 3.62 inch backspaceing also and they do rub but if I trimmed my bumper they probably wouldn't.

XCVIII_SIERRA

Reaction score
3" BL 295/75/16s on stock 16x7s

Relocated rear bumper & hitch made for trucks with 3" bodylifts= No gaps!

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my god why would you want to cut up your truck to run a 35? why not just run a 33 with BL? it looks and clears way better. also i would def lift the bumper with the body. when i see a truck with a BL and a bumper hanging down it just looks like **** IMO. i would do the BL lift the bumpers and take your hitch recever off and make new brackets for it so it looks right. also get the gap gaurds for the wheel wells that makes a big difference. you can look at my truck buildup in the off road threads 97 rcsb soon to be sas i belive its called. but in my opinion i wouldnt run 35s with just a 3 inch body they will rub with flex belive me.