The annoying chevy chime, and hyperflash with new bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a 97 C1500. The guy i bought it from disabled the chime. I would prefer to have that chime on so i can be reminded if i leave my headlights on and such. How can i re enable this chime? The truck also had hyperflash on the left turn signals. I replaced both bulbs on the turn signal and it is still hyper flashing. Also sometimes the turn signals just cut out suddenly. (bad flasher?) One of turn signal bulbs is not lighting up all the way even though its a new bulb. The guy at o'reilly said to use bulb grease. Did that mess it up? Any help is appreciated.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rear taillights are known for having issues of getting hot and not making good connections with the circuit board. Was anything burnt looking back there?

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rear taillights are known for having issues of getting hot and not making good connections with the circuit board. Was anything burnt looking back there?
Rear taillights were fine. It's the one bulb in the left turn signal. Maybe a bad connection inside in the housing. I'll see if I can get a video to have a better visual

GMT400Tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The chime is an easy fix, it is likely that the previous owner simply removed the chime/buzzer. In the foot well about where your left foot would be when driving there are a few relays plugged in. When you look under you will see this:

You must be registered for see images attach

That black box is the buzzer/chime module and simply plugs in and out. Should be easy to find at a salvage yard in various GM vehicles. I swapped mine out with one from a 1995 Camaro so the constant buzz is replaced with a much nicer chime sound.

EDIT: Sometimes the module is black, others are brown, but the shape will be the same.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
The chime is an easy fix, it is likely that the previous owner simply removed the chime/buzzer. In the foot well about where your left foot would be when driving there are a few relays plugged in. When you look under you will see this:

That black box is the buzzer/chime module and simply plugs in and out. Should be easy to find at a salvage yard in various GM vehicles. I swapped mine out with one from a 1995 Camaro so the constant buzz is replaced with a much nicer chime sound.

EDIT: Sometimes the module is black, others are brown, but the shape will be the same.
What is the cube fuse bellow the chime module

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from

The plug is the same, yes, but the other colors have more rounded corners and don't have the same audible holes as the black cased module. I've seen yellow, blue, tan, brown, maybe a beige one...can't remember.

I think it is the flasher module, for turn signals and hazard lamps.

Correct.

Last edited:

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is the flasher module, for turn signals and hazard lamps.
My turn signals have been crapping out as well. Ex: i will have my left turn signal on before making a turn while stationary and the signal will just shut off on its own. Happens with the right and hazards. Recommend i replace the flasher?