Terrick down Under - Toys and work horses.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

D, it is where you anchor the truck camper to the side of the pickup. The chain has a turnbuckle and a spring tensioner joining the camper to the outrigger of the running boards.

The horizontal pipe is actually double thickness because I have pressed another pipe section inside the one you can see. The brace goes back at approx. 15 degrees to the right to offset the load from the chain and tensioner. There is also a brace at the chassis as well going front to back along the chassis.

Below was my first attempt, but found that it was putting a point load to the chassis and that's not good.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Skylark, yep checked all that, I have replaced all the sensors and solenoids. Apparently it is hydraulic loss at one of the shift pins in the valve body, so will try that.
I have read both of those links and saved them for referencing.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Supercharged111, I would have thought that too. But the 4X4 blokes are doing some nice stuff in the last 12 months, but this tranny build started a few years ago. Very few people using 4L80E's down here that are not stock. A lot of 4L60's around.
Even the shift cable that I fitted was told was the wrong type, so they replaced it with the correct one.....They remove the blue sheathed Summit cable and replaced it with the same length red sheathed Summit cable.....see what I am up against!! Ohhh and they wrapped it in heat wrap...just what it says not to do on the instructions that they left in the car.
But life goes on. I will get there soon!
BTW, I love your truck.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rear tie down points were easier, simply weld receiver tube to the hitch and drill the pin holes. Worked really well. We also use them to tie down loads when the rack is on.

The eye bolts are for the stinger when we have the 20' trailer behind.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those forward tiedowns are slick the way they tuck between the running boards. My 1500 actually came with front bolt in tie down receivers for a slide in, so I need only procure the rears as I intend to cannibalize the 1500 mounts for the dually. Can you snag more shots of how the rears are mounted/welded to the hitch?

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Looking from the front left.

looking from the rear left.

Looking from on top

Looking from under left

We scored these Torklift tie-downs later and the fit perfectly.
I have not fitted any extra bracing as yet because it has not flexed enough to warrant this.
Our 2002 Summerwind 911S is 2850# empty, and you know they never travel empty!!!

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made all this Oct 2010 when are TC arrived down here, just noticing that they could do with a clean up and paint. To date we have had no problems with it and love to get away.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

When travelling we swing the dually brackets right in, and secure with a short bungy cord. This way the legs don't wind down by themselves on the rough roads.

And you get more mirror clearance looking back.

This is with the mount turned so it points up and is slid in more so we don't collect rubbish and bushes along the way. I put children's plasticine into of the sring tensioners when we went out the first time and the rear only sprung 6mm (1/4"), but the fronts did almost 12mm (1/2") of travel.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There was a thread with concerns about towing, I thought I would post how we do it.
First we made a steel plate to bolt the 13000# winch to, and the guide plate. All to a receiver tube.
This way it can be slid into any 2" hitch point ( within reason of course).

Then we mounted a receiver to the drawbar of the trailer, we can also slide a standard 2" hitch which I use when carrying other trailers.

Now we can fit the winch to any of our vehicles and the trailer.

Note: we also use the trailer to install 3200 litre waste water systems using the winch and a frame I made.