Tech: How to swap odometers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metalshredder

Reaction score
Info is posted on how to do this with a '91-'94 cluster. Scroll back up.

All I saw was for 95-98 cluster. Are you saying they disassemble in the same way? I'm not being an A-hole, I just want to make sure that there are no surprises if I open this thing up.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All I saw was for 95-98 cluster. Are you saying they disassemble in the same way? I'm not being an A-hole, I just want to make sure that there are no surprises if I open this thing up.

The first part of the original post applies to the '95-'98 cluster. If you look you'll see a break in the post and then there is the info for the '91-'94 needle clusters.

MR. WHEELS

Reaction score
I have an '89 silverado, I dnt like the "moonie" gauges so I bought a '94 instrument cluster with needles. My question is, how do I make the tach on the '94 work with the '89 harness? do i need to swap out harnesses as well??

mr mike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I have a Question......
I have a 92 suburban with a non tack dash
My truck has 208,000 miles on it .....
I found a instrument panel with a tack and am going to swap them but will it plug and play and
The instrument panel that I found is showing 103,000 miles how do I go about changing it to the real miles on my truck .... 208,000 Is it the same as the 94's as posted a few posts back or is it A whole different process.
Thanks guys

DIY_Engineer

Reaction score
Found this because someone was asking how to swap clusters.

Did a little more digging and found:

Thank you so much. I just went to a junkyard and got a tach cluster for my 1992 K1500 5.7L 350 manual. I had to take out a few instrument clusters to find the right connector. I think there are 2-3 different versions of cluster plugs. I did lose my shift light but that was not really reliable anyways since I got one from an automatic. I swapped over the blacked out shifter bar to replace the shift indicator from the automatic version w/ the Tach. I used the instructions and changed my odometer to match the real mileage. Was pretty easy thanks to the instructions. Took me a minute to figure out the spinning order and how each number related the other one. Was plug and play and now I have a tach.