Tech: 88GMCtruck's Budget Solid Axle Swap Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
What was the final height of the truck after you went 8 lug Dave? Just trying to sort out if i will still be able to fit in a garage with a 7'2- 7'6 max height limit.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Swapping between 6 and 8 lug didn't change my height, but IIRC right now I'm at 6'8' at the top of cab. Just fits in my garage door.

Sent from TBI 454 HTC Droid DNA

Nice! Wasnt sure if you went up in tire size or not when you went 8 lug. But with 9" of lift and 35s and still clearing? NICE! Def going to study both of your threads as much as possible to have a clean final result in my own conversion.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Quick question on your tranny crossmember. Is this the stock crossmember off of an 87-91 squarebody? Since the P-drop transfer case came from one.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Subbing to this, well because of this
You must be registered for see images attach

and I have a few questions that hopefully you might be able to answer. Do you think I could use the stock front leaf hangers off the parts truck? Or would they be set up wrong? Since it is a passenger drop axle does it matter what t-case I get? might have some more questions later on but thanks for the detailed build thread.

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone