Tcc shake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usar17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So heres what lead me to today.

Drove to a concert 2 weeks ago, while parked noticed a rattling with A/C. Poked around figured ac compressor. Drove home with ac off. Went to look into it next day, sound is more from bellhousing and now hear it at idle regardless of ac. Drop the trans (4l60e). Find loose flexplate bolts. So while trans is dropped, i throw in a new flexplate and bolts (loctited).

Put her all back together and start it up, vibration. At idle she shook more then normal. Hmmm, went for a test drive. Hit 45 and tcc lockup, holy crap she isn't happy. Go back and drop inspection cover. Flexplate is all over the place. Pull it, its bent. Return flexplate and reinstall original with new bolts. Fire up truck, slight idle shake but now i cant remember of thats normal haha. Look at the flexplate and tcc while idling, looks good. Test drive, 45mph with lock up and the shake is back.

Thoughts? How the hell did i ruin the tcc swapping flexplates? Trans was rebuilt with new tcc 2,000 miles ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kingjames

Reaction score
Did they install the right converter there are 3 different ones with different clutch material a vibrating tc will loosen up flywheel bolts

usar17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot i posted the problem here also. So i pinched cyl 3 sparkplug wire when reinstalling the 3rd time. Lockup showed the missing cylinder

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk