TBI upgrade parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was planning to use these on my truck with the 383, but I bought another truck with a 6.5L and won’t need them anymore.

Bored out TBI intake - stock intake with throttle bores opened up to 2” and intake ports gasket matched and smoothed out. I’ll include new intake gaskets too - $150

Big block throttle body - later style with larger IAC passages, includes TBI spacer, TPS and IAC adapter harnesses, and all hardware to install, no injector pod - $100

80 lb/hr TBI injectors - $50

I’d sell the lot for $250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WayneJ

Reaction score
Could I bolt this on without having to alter the "chip"? What is the HP or Torque gain roughly?

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably not. This setup flows a lot more air than the stock 350 setup, and the injectors flow much more fuel than the stock 61 lb injectors. I don’t think you would gain much HP or torque on a stock engine. You would have to change the heads and cam to get any real benefit from this.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Bump, I can vouch for the intake manifold. Max effort TBI, excellent for 383 or high redline 350/355. All factory external stuff fits right to it, will outflow the Edelbrock intake by a lot.

I'd buy it back, but did too many modifications to go back from my carb intake (plus a day at the junkyard and added expense to re-buy all the stock bracketry).

straycat

Reaction score
interested in the intake if you still have it. I'm running a 350 crate motor with a roller cam and better heads, but think the big block TBI is still too much for me...are the injectors overkill too?

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I still have the intake, but plans changed again and I’m going to be running it. I forgot I had this ad up, sorry for the confusion.

I was going to sell the truck with the 383 that this intake was meant for, but now I’m keeping it and I’m going to run the bored out intake with a BB throttle body as I had originally planned. The caveat to this is that I will have an Edelbrock 3704 intake available after I make the swap. If you want to go back to a stock SB setup, this intake would work better for that anyway.

As far as the 80# injectors, they were a little too much for my 383. I was having issues keeping a consistent AFR at idle because the minimum pulse width was still delivering too much fuel. This is why I went back to the 61# injectors and bumped fuel pressure up to 16 psi.

straycat

Reaction score
No problem. Sorry you're not selling it, just what I needed for a bored throttle body I'm planning to go with. Might be interested in the Edelbrock, though, let me know when you're ready to let it go. Thanks

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sale pending on it as of this morning. The bored and ported intake is still available though.