Tbi power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamCal36

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
. Has anyone ever used one of these trying to get a little more power out of my tbi 5.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travis mattson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am interested to I know harris performance uses other vendors that sell similar tbi units but seem more$

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I had about everything you can do to a TBI done through SPR Performance

http://www.sprperformance.com/

You must be registered for see images

I can assure you a ported and rebuilt TBI will not come close to 45 hp increase on its best day. However it is one of the best things ive done, Drive-ability is much better.

SamCal36

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you say drive ability what do you mean

SamCal36

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
An what all did you do ?

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
per SPR's website

Ultimate TBI Overhaul of your unit which includes boring
This is the most comprehensive rebuild of your GM Rochester 220 TBI unit. Here we will degrease, glass-bead blast, bush shaft with oil impregnated bronze bushings, new IAC, new TPS, set TPS voltage to .550V, IAC gasket, new spring and diaphragm, make regulator cover adjustable, complete servicing/testing of injectors and installing new filters and o-rings, raise injector pod to 1/4" (SBC), thin shaft, shave air horns (SBC). Includes custom cut base flange gasket, air cleaner gasket and fuel line o-rings. We will also bore your unit to 46mm (SBC) or 54mm (BBC) and install custom fit blades.

driveablity, It idles better, the acceleration is smoother throughout the powerband. Before I had it rebuilt/bored, power would seem to fall off in certain areas of rpm while accelerating, I dont have those issues any more.

SamCal36

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you gained any power

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GOT THE MO NEY BUY THAT 500.00 HOLLY TBI AND INSTALL IT.IT IS NEW.LOOKS LIKE POWER TO ME.but i do not know any one that has installed one..it is pretty..

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL 45HP!!

From their ad: "Our TBI 45hp power up kit is the best money you will ever spend on your TBI motor - you will get more fuel/air flow for up to 45hp" Up to ... you're going to have to swap more than that, this doesn't even include a new injector pod and injectors. The best money I spent on my TBI motor was Vortec heads.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I was looking for the disclaimer that said you had to hook up a 50 shot of nitrous
to reach 45hp