taking off lift kit and returning to stock suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it possible without major changes. where can i find a complete stock suspension kit or whatever i need. im thinkin about removing my lift kit in the near future and selling it not to mention gas prices are rediculous.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depending on what lift you have you may need a new front diff, as your could have to had the top mount cut off of it also the tab on the frame might be cut off for the lower front diff mount on drivers side. Bumpstops are porbably gone too.

If removing lift and larger tires just cause of gas prices, regearing can help out alot on getting back what the larger tires lost.

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on what lift you have you may need a new front diff, as your could have to had the top mount cut off of it also the tab on the frame might be cut off for the lower front diff mount on drivers side. Bumpstops are porbably gone too.

If removing lift and larger tires just cause of gas prices, regearing can help out alot on getting back what the larger tires lost.
what would be the best gears in your opinion if i have 315/75r16 size procomp xtreme m/t's with a 6in bds suspension lift and i believe i have 3.73 gears

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4.56 gearswith a 35" tire (315's) will put you close to the same final as stock with 265 tires and 3.73 gears. I gained close to 3mpg when I swamped to 4.56 gears, I wish I had gone 4.88's for the better down low pull but I hardly drive highway.
There shuold be a sticker inside your glove box with a bunch of codes on it. If you see GT4 that is 3.73 gears, GU6 is 3.43 gears and G80 is a rear 'locker'

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
4.56 gearswith a 35" tire (315's) will put you close to the same final as stock with 265 tires and 3.73 gears. I gained close to 3mpg when I swamped to 4.56 gears, I wish I had gone 4.88's for the better down low pull but I hardly drive highway.
There shuold be a sticker inside your glove box with a bunch of codes on it. If you see GT4 that is 3.73 gears, GU6 is 3.43 gears and G80 is a rear 'locker'

how much you think a set of 4.56 gears would run me. how are they with quickness though

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check out http://www.ringpinion.com/ for an idea on gear prices, dont forget install kits and the front end also.

After my gear swap I did gain some quickness, notice it pulled harder. Biggest gain was when cruising at a steady speed there is no more downshifting to D from OD all the time.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
come trade me, I got 3.42's stock and no lift, and want to lift, better gears tires wheels etc. lol.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I dont think selling your lift would be an issue! Seems like a lot of work for a few MPG. Regear and call it good.