tail pipes check em out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
too expensive for tailpipes if you ask me. We had exhaust doen at a local shop from the headers back, gutted cats, and used our mufflers and it was only $200 total. The gutted cats run $35 a piece, so that's $130 for the whole exhaust system.

Reaction score
well i hear mixed things about exhaust shops. but does any body think they'll fit desent? like over the axle and out to the sides ya know? puttin a 3" bl in before so that will help

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
find another shop. Ours aint the best but when it comes to $130 for 2 tips and not welded on, I'll go to a shop. Certainly will if I can get a whole system doen from them for the price of tailpipes.

68post

Reaction score
I've used those exact tailpipes on an '83, they were perfect for it. Being aluminized - they will by far outlast any non-aluminized piping by years. Also they are mandrel bent and at least 99.9% of any local muffler shops cannot produce mandrel bends, only crimp bends.

I've been building my own exhaust, (out of pipes and mandrel bends), for most of the last 33 years and I'd pay for these again.

I will only recommend using mandrel-bent and aluminized pipe.

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man you guys got some BS shops, we're a small hick town with basically nothing, no go cart tracks, no race tracks, no real malls, no performance shop, hardly anything and we got an exhaust shop that does mandrel bent pipes, that's all they do. They gut cats, and reg. cats, they weld and install.

We had dads truck done only a year or two ago and it was only $250 or less I think less, from headers back and it's 2.5. My monte carlo from headers back in like 2-1/8 was $200.

I had them gut 2 cats and run pipes from the headers to them, mandrel bent, about 3 feet or so on each side and it was alumized stuff, only cost $90.

68post

Reaction score
man you guys got some BS shops, we're a small hick town with basically nothing, no go cart tracks, no race tracks, no real malls, no performance shop, hardly anything and we got an exhaust shop that does mandrel bent pipes, that's all they do. They gut cats, and reg. cats, they weld and install.

We had dads truck done only a year or two ago and it was only $250 or less I think less, from headers back and it's 2.5. My monte carlo from headers back in like 2-1/8 was $200.

I had them gut 2 cats and run pipes from the headers to them, mandrel bent, about 3 feet or so on each side and it was alumized stuff, only cost $90.

They own a machine that makes mandrel bends, or they buy and use the bends ?
Mandrel bent = DOM (drawn over mandrel), an extremely expensive and complicated piece of machinery, no "smalltown shop" would ever get their monies worth out of it