T-Unit's boosted Buick. AKA: the Granny Slapper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
still wanting a obs? Lol I miss the hell out of my grand Prix gtp,it was fun as hell,it just had a tune,exhaust,and cai,it would lay some impressive marks and leave rubber all over my doors lol. I wanted to find a Buick like that for a sleeper build but the gtp was a straight trade for a ranger that I gave 600 for,so I couldn't pass it up..honestly,i don't think I ever paid attention to my mileage,i just always had my eye on that boost gauge and the HUD lol,that's mainly the only reason I miss it

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I have a 400 still. Which is in the garage in the middle of some brake upgrades. All stainless lines, 800 master, ABS delete and 90-94 prop valve. So I'm driving the Buick and hoping the line lasts a few more days.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
It's not being very nice lately.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Sick of looking at this car sitting. Fired right up today even though it has sat for months. Aired up the low tires and ordered up stainless fuel lines for the old girl. Need to get this thing back on the road. Need to get the tint fixed and tires before winter.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Fuel lines are on. Couple days before the weekend the water pump started dumping coolant so I picked up a new one. One full day and I had the lines and water pump replaced. It's back to being my daily. I really missed driving the thing. It rides so nice.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Aaaaaand it blew another brake line. Classic tube just got another order from me. All stainless pre bent stuff again.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Replaced the line, bleed and stops again. Going on 3 weeks now that is been used consistently. The wife had it for a couple days, and now I'm back in it. This is a new record.

Some stuff finally fell in line for this thing as well. I needed tires pretty bad when I bought it last year. I haven't logged many miles cause it's been broke down so damn much but it was sketchy as **** last winter. The rear tires were using the wear bars for traction and the fronts were in good shape tread wise but they vibrated pretty bad. The wheels have a bunch of peeling chrome that was likely throwing the balance way off.

So I started looking for a winter setup. I prefer snow tires. I found a set of Firestone Winter Force tires damn near new. 120 bucks. Guy threw in 3 summer tires because he was sick of looking at them all. So that was a steal.

But I didn't have the time to let the car sit on stands while I inspected the wheels so I had to find a winter set. I lucked out again. Guy was giving away a set of Rendezvous wheels at $70. Scooped them right up. They're in such good shape I'm kinda butthurt I'm using them for winter beaters. Oh well. They'll work for now.

Also had to get new lug nuts. The open top ones were not going to work in the winter. Smoked chrome looking ones free courtesy of a computer error at AutoZone.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I might have missed it but what kind of mileage are you getting?
If I'm nice to it I get 22. Driving back roads to and from work. Have 5 stop signs at 1mile each, and another to turn from or to home. Big hill leaving town (accelerating uphill) down on the way back in.

If I run long trips I can pull over 30.

If I run it hard I get 16-17.

The wife usually gets 20 when she drives.

Tyler/T-Unit